Do you demag or destat your CDs/DVDS?

Just curious about these CD tweaks. The Furutech destat machine is tempting at around $350--I like their products. What is the story behind Furutech's discontinuation of their RD2 disc demagnetizing station? I see it was taken up by Acoustic Revive as the RD3, a supposedly improved version. Did it not prove effective by Furutech's standards, or did they let it go in favor of their much more expensive demagnetizer for vinyl and CD? Just wondering if the RD3 does work to improve sound. There isn't much mention of it in the past few years.
128x128jafreeman
Sorry Jea, but there's no lab tested evidence at all.
No information is quantisized or leveraged.
Do you or any one here knows of published info with any magnitudes and/or quantities? Any info on flow of the lab test?
Any scientific evidence will help.
Pseudo science at best misapplying concepts in such a way that it sounds good to the consumer.
The type of marketing takes me back to the F-150 commercials when Mike Rowe first became involved with the "new" truck. It must have been about 2004 since that is when I purchased a Tundra after driving all of the half ton trucks. The commercial claimed that the F-150 has the most low end torque in class and the seat of my pants told me otherwise. I recorded the commercial and paused it to read the fine print. The actual fact was that the F-150 had the highest percentage of peak torque at 800 rpm. I just laughed when I read it. By law they have to make factual claims, but it is very easy to mislead.

I don't think there are any regulations for advertising in audio so...
"Pseudo science at best misapplying concepts in such a way that it sounds good to the consumer."
07-10-14: Mceljo

Mceljo,

These guys have no dog in the fight.

IAR International Audio/Video Review

http://www.iar-80.com/

http://www.iar-80.com/page53.html
The CD laser is a quantum device and produces a coherent beam of light. But, since the CD laser is a *quantum well* that operates by quantum confinement, the light beam of photons is a WAVE only, not particles. And since the light wave is in the *electromagnetic* spectrum it's quite possible it's subject to magnetic fields. Also, the physical data is located extremely close to the ink on the label, which helps the case for some sort of magnetic interference, even if the magnetic field is very small. It wouldn't take much since the size of the physical data is nanoscale.