Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Petty, your premis continues to be wrong.

I have explained MP3. You can choose if you want higher rez. So get off that argument of low bandwidth. It's a red herring. If anything, CD is low bandwidth today.

You have more choice than ever. In fact you could even download music which never would have been put out by a record company. New artists with no A&R interference. Pure expression if you are lucky or interested.

What you don't seem to understand is the music is stored as a file which can be read by any entertainment device or computer. So you are free to play music in pretty much any environment. That is good. I don't see how it makes audio irrelevant? It makes it accessible. And if you want to get all audiophile you can.

Which bit do you not understand? Pardon the pun.
I compare Music Selection between lower than CD resolution
MP3, and Music Selection of High Rez. Downloads. What a
difference, and "NO" your explanation of low rez. MP3
doesn't even come close to covering this point spread. You
think that Computer Audio is a done deal, extreme limitation in Music Selection of High Rez. Downloads "SCREAMS" different! It screams uncertainty. So
long as your Computer Audio High Rez. remains uncertain, I
have nothing to take to the Bank- and neither do you! Same
uncertainty existed in Music Selection for SACD, and DVD
Audio- where did they go? Going down the exact same road
for a third time, this time it will lead us someplace
different? You want everyone to drop their existing Audio Format, and come along for the ride? All of us being
connvinced that this time it will be different? We were
robbed investing in these other two Formats with limited
Music Selection. You want to lure us with the same limited Music Selection again in High Rez. Computer Audio? No Sir,
you show us the Product first BEFORE we invest in it! You
got no Product? Well, then you've got nothing to replace all other Audio Formats with- atleast something of
significant Higher Resolution. Try EARNING our trust instead of just demanding it on a silver platter. This makes you upset- tough! Can't stand the heat, get out of the Audio Market. We want to buy Music, not Software! You
have very little of either in High Rez., and you want to
brag about replacing all other Audio Formats? Bragging rights have to be "EARNED", and you haven't earned yours yet. Keep working on it!
I've asked this question in an older post but haven't received an answer. I'll try one more time.

Pettyofficer: Where do you get your acid and how do I get some?
Petty,

Don't you understand that you can use your CDs in a computer? You can rip it at CD quality if you like. Or just play it. If ripped, it can even sound better than the original!

As many have said above NO ONE IS REPLACING other formats. But you are correcting in thinking sooner or later it probably will, as technology moves on it will. Market forces, plus an unnessassary extra manufacturing process to make CDs etc from the studio master file.(WAV or AIFF)

BUT (!) You can download anything you like at normal(CD) resolution. MP3s are available to as a convenient way for those who wish to store many tracks at lower quality. But that is your choice. You can choose CD quality or higher if you want. You can keep that original and convert to MP3s for the car or your phone/iPod.

Just remember the CDs you like & the vinyl you like we're probably mastered as files! Got it? The glass master to manufacture the CD is cut from the file(wav/aiff). Keep up.
"This thread is train wreck..."

Petty is your real identity really Joseph Broady?

Better slow down....