Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Pettyofficer,
Windows 8 is not yet available for purchase, I have a developers copy. You sure seem on a rampage over Computer Audio... I'd just like to know a bit more about using Windows 8 before I down load it. I am fine with no Anti Virus. Again, dedicated music server. I've never heard of a virus coming from a Microsoft windows update, Sorry, I don't have a Swiss Army knife, but strangely enough, I do have a Samurai sword.
Band aids, swiss army knives, software designers concerns or intent??? We work with what we have. I have Wasapi and KS downloaded, both work fine. I guess I'm a Zombie, just trying to get the best performance I can out of whats available. No disrespect intended, just now sure where you were going with all that...
Does anybody know of any issues using Windows 8?
Even if someone can build the greatest computer audiophile system in a box, the same sound quality can be achieved by anyone willing to put components together. That is the beauty of computers technology. Therefore, there is nothing that is stopping you right now from achieving the greatest sound quality possible, within the limitation of current technology. You could also save some money and become more acquainted with the technologies that impact of your hobby :). And things will continue to improve Window 7 is much better that XP with regards to audio playback; I hear the new JRiver can playback audio files from the system RAM.

Computer is a multifunctional device and as such, it can be made to do/automate many different things. All you need is good peripheral devices, software (OS and apps), and a little bit of technical inclination on the end-users. That's all.

My current DAC is Mhdt USB Paradesia...It sounds satisfactory nice on my PC based system. However, I understand its limitations mostly because of technological advances (i.e. it does not support asynchronous USB, no support for higher sample rates such as 96, 176.4 or 192kHz, etc). Buy the DAC is just a peripheral - a component that can be upgraded!
Pettyofficer - your complaints are directed at "computer audio" but are completely misdirected. What you are arguing is true of all formats. Some recordings sound great and others...not so much. But none of it sounds as good as the master tape or live music. This is no more the fault of "computer audio" than it is of the CD player or turntable.

It's also hard to tell at whom you are specifically ranting and railing. Microsoft? Apple? HDtracks? Other audio manufacturers? Audiogon members? Hard to tell because you're all over the place.

Give it a rest already!

Hey, Petty Officer,

This may Sound Crazy, but I got this really Strong Feeling that you, like, Own an entire Factory that runs Around the Clock and produces Nothing but Straw Men? If this is True, would it be Possible for the Members here to Order some?

Just Wondering...
-
Of course there are failures in S.Q. with other Formats.
That doesn't mean that there weren't design goals built
in to the Formats, and it certainbly isn't for lack of trying. What, pray tell, are the Audio design goals of
Computer Manufacturer's (Microsoft, Apple, Macintosh...
etc.) in designing their Operating Systems? In Windows 7,
in Windows 8? These guy's will tell you to your face, that
they have no intention of ever trying to improve anything
Computer Audio! Unlike you, THEY DON"T LIKE MUSIC! They
would rather play games, watch movies, or design new Apps.
for their Operating Systems. These guy's will always be
the Achilles Heel of Computer Audio, and can only drag
down this Format. Their O.S. designs create fluxuations
in S.Q. results for Computer Audio, because they are not
designed for Computer Audio. Customers who end up on the
short end of this, will always drag down Computer Audio.
You know what is broken, yet argue against fixing it. Are
you serious about Computer Audio replacing all other Formats, or not? Then atleast find SOMEONE who is willing
to design Computer Audio for that purpose. It is not going to fall from the sky, and you are not going to get any
"Love" from Microsoft- and the rest of the gang. So...
besides throwing rocks, what else are you going to do to
improve the design/reliabilty/consistency of Computer
Audio? Please...FOR GODS SAKE...NOT MORE BANDAIDS!!!
You want Computer Audio, then do something about it- I
DARE YOU! Now that should do it. I happen to love Music,
unlike you know who- that you are relying on to design the
O.S. for Computer Audio. I am NOT the one holding you back!