Audiophile music

Hi most audiophiles shop, listen, analyze, discuss how sounds classical and mainstream jazz in vast majority of cases.

How about some punk, noise, progressive rock, industrial, acid, experimental?
Clash, Ramones, Husker Du, Fear, Sisters of Mercy, White Stripes, Suns of Arqa, Knack, Skinny Puppy, Smiths, Morissey, Ministry, Acid Mothers Temple and other kool and noisy rock?
My collection is at or over 50% of titles above and I like noisy and creative bands.

Would you play this type of music let's say on $6-figure setup with tubes, Verdier or similar TT, MBL or similar components, Pipe Dreams or similar level speakers?

When I visited first time AudioConnection store, I brought White Stripes. After trying White Stripes in his big Vandersteen 5(back than) room, I realized that it's not the type of music for the system he demoes. I only liked Vandy 5 with chamber orchestra(amplified with Cary V12), symphony orchestra or big band.
czarivey
I, personally, would not play this type of music at all but that is irrelevant to you and you should play what you like when evaluating equipment. The musical preference of the salesman is also irrelevant.
"Would you play this type of music let's say on $6-figure setup with tubes, Verdier or similar TT, MBL or similar components, Pipe Dreams or similar level speakers?"

It doesn't really matter what I would play the music on, its your music and your system, you need to play it on what you like. That said, I think if you listened to the Model 5's again with some different CD's, you may change your mind. I don't think it was the style of music that put you off, so much as the quality of the recordings themselves. Vandersteen makes very revealing speakers. If you give them a good recording they tend to sound great, regardless of the type of music. But give them a bad recording and that's exactly what you'll hear.

I use Vandersteen myself, and the solution for me is to just use other equipment for bad recordings. No point in trying to fight it with one highly revealing system. Also, some of the music you list, has some very well recorded albums. But like you say, there's quite a bit of material that is not well produced. Whether to go high end, or not, is a choice that only you can make. Given your music, it may make sense to not go high end.
The fellow who owns Vapor Audio loudspeakers voices his speakers using that kind of music because the dynamics of the music really push the speakers capabilities. I suppose it's the 'if this sounds good anything will sound good.' Plus, I think he really likes to rock out, and there's nothing wrong with that.
The Knack-Get the Knack(first pressing)is a very good recording especially in the bass region. There is more then enough well recorded music(all genres)to last several lifetimes(lol). Don't obsess over a few poorly recorded favorites of yours, we all have some recordings we wish were properly recorded.
If a system doesn't play most of that kind of music well (a few recordings are beyond salvation) then it's a poorly balanced system that's not worth a high asking price. I would not still be in this hobby if I had to restrict myself to the likes of Krall & Barber for the sake of lean/bright/incoherent gear.