What do you void listening?

Which songs or bands tell you to move to the next channel or change record or CD?
My alphabet starts from
Air Supply -- replace with something else IMMEDIATELY!
Sam Cooke believe it or not
Barry Manilow
Ramons
Luis Armstrong
Neil Young
Bob Dylan
Rolling Stones
Most of Beatles.
czarivey
Really Billbartuska?
I grew up in abject poverty, never heard a piece of Classical Music in my life, or even knew it existed for that matter.
One day coming in from a hard patrol in Vietnam I heard the great Swedish tenor Jussi Borling sing the "Un bel Di" aria
from Madam Butterfly on short-wave from Australia, it froze me like a deer in the headlights.
Classical Music was THE reason , a high-school drop-out who joined the Army at 16 had a BA and MA from elite colleges 5 years after leaving the Army.

It showed me what humans can do, while rock etc show you how low than can go.

That was in 1966, from that day to this, Classical Music is 90% of all my listening and I listen at least 5-6 hours a day ,every day.
Schubert - Thanks for sharing and thanks for serving over there. Not exactly sure how your subject line was intended but it seems to me you make Billbartuska's point very well, "What music one chooses to listen to is, in great part, dependent on your life experiences....". Obviously you are relating a life experience and moment in time that left an indelible mark.
Schubert, with that moniker I think I may be just wasting my time, but just in case.....

I recently picked up "Schubert for Two", arrangements of some of Schuberts chamber music, including one piece that was actually composed for the Guitar. Very relaxing (as opposed to 'formal') stuff. Nice evening music. The musicians were Gil Shaham and Goran Sollscher. Recorded in 2002 by DG. Still in print.
Ghost, I guess you are correct , the dad as violinist part just got me going. Thanks for the serving part, but like not a few "nam" vets, I ain't proud of it and who we really served.

Newbee, thanks, I have heard some of it on WI Public Radio, Shaham is amazing.
Schubert,

If there are any Hollywood producer's reading, for what its worth I would go see a movie based on your life story and how classical music affected it. Imagine the royalties!!!!

If done well, it would register strongly with many folk out there, similar to Forrest Gump but in a fundamentally different way I suspect and might help develop new interests in good music.

Forest Gump is one of my absolute favorite movies. It registers on a fundamental level with many, especially those who lived through the times depicted, but is so much more than a mere nod to pop culture and politics of the time.