The State of Jazz

I was recently listening to "The Best of Diana Krall" LP. It is an amazing album. But later, I reflected on the fact that she sang almost entirely 'standards,' which means the songs are all at least 50 years old. Then, I thought, why hasn't the Jazz Community produced any more recent songs that have become standards. Then I thought: it is most likely, that the same standards (i.e., basin street blues; willow weep for me, etc.) will be sung for the next 50 years--and I wondered, are we producing any songs today that will become standards. I don't think so. Bu, why not?
elegal
Like it or not, Diana Krall is generally categorized as a jazz artist and is one of the most popular and best selling as well I believe, so its hard to argue that she has nothing to do with the state of jazz.

Jazz light is still Jazz. SO what happens there does have something to do with Jazz, even if it may not be every jazz fans cup of tea.

Ella Fitzgerald sang "A Tisket A Tasket" and has sold a lot of records. Pretty light! Does that make her not a jazz artist?

Diana Krall plays piano as well. Ella just sang.

BTW, I consider Ella Fitzgerald to be one of the all time greats and my personal favorite female jazz vocalist, along with Dinah Washington (also pretty light at times) and Billy Holiday (not as light overall perhaps). I'm just pointing these things out to help balance out the argument.
Post removed 
****Then, I thought, why hasn't the Jazz Community produced any more
recent songs that have become standards. ****are we producing any songs
today that will become standards. I don't think so*****

Just a few jazz standards (or appropriated by jazz players) written after
1960:

One Note Samba
Stolen Moments
Corcovado (Quiet Nights of Quiet Stars)
Days of Wine and Roses
Meditation
Blue Bossa
Blusette
Girl From Ipanema
Once I Loved
Oye Como Va
Recorda-me
Watermelon Man
Cantaloupe Island
Juju
Song For My Father
Ceora
Dindi
Dolphin Dance
The Gentle Rain
Maiden Voyage
Speak No Evil
Footprints
Litha
Mercy, Mercy, Mercy
Freedom Jazz Dance
Triste
Wave
La Fiesta
Spain
Crystal Silence
Little Sunflower
Red Clay
Chameleon
Mr Magic
Send In The Clowns
Birdland
A Time For Love
Pretty Women
Send In The Clowns
Maria
Somewhere
What I Did For Love

And the list goes on. Some of the Beatles' songbook are well on their way
as are songs by Stevie Wonder and others. Jazz may be different today
(it's supposed to be), but it is alive and well.
Can't think of many recent pop hits that I would classify as Jazz.

Popularity of Jazz overall has seemed to be on the decline for a number of years now.

I suppose its all relative....