Nutcracker ballet on blu-ray any recommendations?

With Christmas coming I would like to get a blu-ray of the Nutcracker and I was hoping that someone could recommend a good recording.

I have been burned before after a paying premium prices for several operas on blu-ray and dvd. I received the disk, opened the package, popped in the disk to hear tin-can audio recording and less than spectacular video, all in glorious HD!

The Amazon reviews are all worthless, either ninety nine percent of the population is deaf or listening to these recording through their tv speakers.

Wow such animosity, just before Christmas. But it is truly frustrating, please help me avoid yet another similar experience.
nick_sr
"The Amazon reviews are all worthless, either ninety nine percent of the population is deaf or listening to these recording through their tv speakers."

Last yeat the local PBS TV station had a program called 'Battle of the Nutcrackers'. They broadcasted a different production of the Nutcracker 4 or 5 days in succession. World class Ballet companies. It was the most enjoyable musical thing I have ever seen on TV / DVD. Magical! I was surprised I enjoyed it so much. Can't wait to see it this year.

I listerned and watched, on a old as dirt, JVC 27" CRT television Thru the built in speakers.
It could be that the reviewers on Amazon are not the problem.

I now have a modern HD flat screen. The performances should look even better now. But, the JVC is still in the garage, in case it's needed. You know how unreliable this newfangled stuff can be.
Cheers
Unfortunately i missed the Battle of the Nutcrakers but I did catch the Nutcraker presented by the San Fransisco ballet that aired on PBS' Great Performances.

PBS offers it on DVD, but I would prefer a blu-ray. If I don't find anything else worthwhile I will probably purchase it.
As I recall, The San Franciso Ballet was one of the participants in the so-called Battle. I think they decided that Bolshoi 'won'. Not sure about that. They were all wonderful. I will get at least one Nutcracker DVD this year.
Cheers