Norah Jones

I'm watching a live show on PBS right now and I have to ask myself, how does this girl write so much amazing music? I watched one of her live shows last year and was absolutely floored by her performance but most of all the sheer beauty of her music. Any fans out there? She truly flies under the radar considering her high level of talent as a songwriter and musician.
donjr
Agree with most comments used already--she's well known, sometimes the music gets a little sleepy or repetitive, the music backing her singing is usual very nice. Just got Herbie Hancock's cd River, The Joni Letters. Songs Joni Mitchell wrote or sang. The first cut is sung by Norah. Man, if that cut doesn't send some goose bumps up your sorry flesh as if did mine--check your pulse--THE BEST JAZZY CUT I'VE HEARD THIS YEAR AND THE BEST NORAH JONES SONG AND VOICE I'VE HEARD BY HER (so much breathiness and body--her singing now). The rest of the album has many very nice cuts, including Joni, a jazzy cut from Tina Turner, and another singer that sounds exactly like a young Joni Mitchell. That first cut though--Ummm-m-m-m!!! The musicians being the singing are pretty awesome too. Order that cd and tell me I'm wrong about the first cut.
Norah is simply a beautiful young lady with a voice & style to match.

Many who know of her DO NOT know about her "NewYork City" masterpiece. As far as I know, it's her only voyage into the "Blusey, Jazzy and CLASSY rap" genra's.

I bring the CD to speaker auditions or parties and people generally love it.

Get this CD....JUST DO IT!!:-)
The album that Djones is talking about is the Peter Malick Group, featuring Norah Jones and is titled "New York City". I agree, it is very good. One of my favorites.

Another newish album is "...featuring Norah Jones". It has most of the songs she has done with other people. Very diverse range and style of music on this.

Dorkwad...thanks for the recommendation of the Herbie Hancock album. I just ordered it.