Question of priorities in audio cables

As far as I can determine there are 3 things that go into making an audio cable- whether an IC, power cord, or speaker cable.

Those are the cable, the connectors, and the workmanship. I've considered which is most opportunity, and which is least important. To me, I think workmanship is the #1 priority, followed by the connectors, and then the wire itself.

What do others think?
128x128zavato
Cable architecture also plays a significant role in cable performance, as I have recently learned.

Examples of cable architecture are
- Coax
- balanced pair (shielded) e.g. Van den Hul DL102 mkiii
- twisted pair - e.g. Stager Silver Solids

For DIYers - one of the simplest and most effective architectures I've used is braiding the conductors, which I have found to improve performance considerably of both interconnect and power cables.

Then you get into the really specialized architectures like the Essence
gZero range of products from KLE Innovations that uses conductors of
difeerent gauges and metals together with their own proprietary
architecture where they twist the neutral conductor(s) around the signal
conductor and excellent RCA connectors to significantly improve
performance.

Another company that uses a similar approach is Anti cables, which I have also heard many good things about.

On the RCA front, I started a couple of years ago looking at one of the more unusual designs, the Eichman Silver Bullet. I then tried the entire Harmony line of RCA's and have settled on the Pure Harmony.

Their unconventional design/architecture and choice of conductor materials provides for exceptional performance to the point where I now regard connectors as one of the more significant elements in cable
construction.

Regards
As in everything else in audio equipment, I think there are few generalities that we can reach. I think RFI and EMI are increasing severe problems for all cables, so the quality of the shielding maybe most important. Certainly, I have found that charging the cables can do such shielding quite well. I have found that I hate the sound of gold in cables and always have liked silver, especially LLCs. But the magnetic conduction in the High Fidelity cables has clouded all my generalities.

All that I can really say is listen to cables and buy what sounds good on your system.
In my experience, the connectors contribute most to the cable... workmanship?? If it works the workmanship is fine if not, .......
Audiolabyrinth, I wouldn't go that far, but the High Fidelity cables make a much bigger impact on my sound than have speakers.