Violin Concertos

Could you recommend the best violin concerto recordings (performance & sound quality) you have ever heard by the following composers-Dvorak, Beethoven, Paganini, Mendelssohn, and Saint-Saens. Also, if there is any chinese audiophile on this forum, please recommed violin concerto Liang-Zhu (Butterfly Lovers). To me this is one of the most beautiful violin concerto, but I haven't seen any famous violinist recorded it. I have two copies, one by Yu Li-na, one by Sheng Zhong-guo. None of the sound quality is good.
aliu
The Beethoven Violin Concerto played by Menuhin/Furtwangler is most expressive but dates back to the Fifties. Don't forget Ruggiero Ricci, a master technician who plays the technically difficult concerti, i.e. Tchaikovsky with ease. He is still recording and has many new shorter pieces. His early vinyl recording of Sarasate pieces, Danzas Espagnolas, remains unchallenged as the best from that composer. He also plays the Paganini Caprices masterfully.

With regard to earlier comments of the artistry of Oscar Shumsky, he also has a recording of the Bach Partitas and Sonatas for solo violin that to me are the most expressive recordings of that music. His recordings of Fritz Kreisler are also splendid.
there are many good works out there,but the most recent barber violin concerto by hilary hahn is a thing of beauty.she has lightest touch of bow to string that i have ever heard.it is a very fluid and graceful performance.she's very young and will be around for a long time,give it a try.
I second Route9's recommendation. I think that Hilary Hahn's Beethoven is very nice as well.