Best Powercord for a TV?

Hello everyone,

So my question is whats a good powercord for a tv? I recently upgraded my LCD TV and plasma tv with Richard gray powercords and they actually made the picture worse compared to the stock cord.

I had a ps audio powercord and a old transparent cable powercord that I tried as well and although they where better than the Richard gray, the picture quality was not that good.

For some reason the powercords made the black color look weak and choppy.

Are newer tvs made differently than older ones? I remember upgrading my plasma tv years ago with a transparent powercord and it made one hell of a difference.
Any suggestions?
soundsvision
Yes I have to agree with women having better hearing but not for audio in my experience, only for when we mumble about them while walking away....

I think the sheilded computer powercord is worth giving a try, I will check that out for sure.

I was just surprised that these expensive powercords don't work for tvs, which is why I mentioned are they audio only.

Thanks for all the answers guys, lets see what happens...
Here's a novel idea: offer the OP what he asked for (the names of cords
you have actually used) and then let him hook them up to his TV and use
his own eyes. They work or they don't.

Or we can go with the usual circle jerk about everyone's pet theory. ;-)

A $100 Shunyata Venom PC visibly improved my Sony Bravia HDTV's
color saturation and reduced noise in the picture. My parents saw the same
results with their Sony's. No idea whether it will or won't do that with your
brand and model. And that's all I have to say about that.
Tls49 - been there suffered that :-)

Better hearing? - maybe - different hearing? Definitely!

Actually, my sister and I have omnidirectional hearing, but my brother and other sister has uni-directional hearing.

Unfortunately for me my wife has uni-directional - she can hear me talking at a thousand paces (seems like that) - but she has to be facing me :-)

Like the dutiful husband I always walk 10 paces behind her :-)
I'm using a Pangea 14SE on my 42" Panasonic Plasma. Huge improvement over the stock cable that came with it.
I never thought about replacing the PC on my Samsung Plasma TV so I went and dug up an old GTT PC (nothing dramatic-14AWG vs. 18AWG) and yes, I now have a much better picture. Thanks for starting this thread.

I believe my lying eyes.

All the best,
Nonoise