Best Powercord for a TV?

Hello everyone,

So my question is whats a good powercord for a tv? I recently upgraded my LCD TV and plasma tv with Richard gray powercords and they actually made the picture worse compared to the stock cord.

I had a ps audio powercord and a old transparent cable powercord that I tried as well and although they where better than the Richard gray, the picture quality was not that good.

For some reason the powercords made the black color look weak and choppy.

Are newer tvs made differently than older ones? I remember upgrading my plasma tv years ago with a transparent powercord and it made one hell of a difference.
Any suggestions?
soundsvision
I went and got from a computer store a generic/standard 18 ga. SHIELDED power cord. It seemed to have made a difference from the unshielded version. In my case w/my TV (LG 42LD 520) the picture quality is superb. Don't feel the need to "upgraded" the PC any further.
In general terms, audio aftermarket power cords are specifically designed to alter the sound so audiophiles FEEL and HEAR DIFFERENCES. It's a HARD task to achieve. One has to emit so much of EMI of specific form so it will bring pleasant distortions reachable to component inputs. If we starts speaking of such powercords at each of component, the EMIs will superpose and create even larger difference. You'll often see here ones recommending to get aftermarket cords nearly for every component same or different brand to 'FEEL DIFFERENCE'.

While for audio it considered to be a 'good toy', for video
I don't think that it's a good idea for TV at all. Most of the TVs nowdays using computer grade power cords and they seem to be working OK.
I put a 15 gauge furutech power cord on my lcd tv - when my wife saw it she asked, and I quote "what did you do to the tv"

When I told her about the power cord she said she thought I'd been messing with the colour and contrast - more vivid colour and very white whites. Nope, only the power cord.

Funny thing is - she had to point it out - I hadn't noticed until she mentioned it.

But I got damn good hearing :-)
Post removed 
when my wife...

I can't tell you how many times that line has been used to justify a purchase or tweak.