Turntable Bearings

How can we tell the condition of a used TT bearing with a good and reasonable accuracy other than just observing it?
manualblock
Post removed 
Thanks, maybe I should have been more specific. I'm looking to buy used, I have a 1980 version of a Linn LP12. The lower registers seem a little diffuse now and I'm told thats a symptom of a worn bearing. I can't see it but I can hear it.. So as clarification I'm not asking about obvious wear that's easily observed but instead I am concerned about a used purchase with undetectable wear by the eye. I would try an o-scope but I'm not exactly sure how to set that test up.I also use a stethoscope. I believe that after 40 yrs any bbearing must show wear even if it's unoticiable.
Also people ask for advice and I can't fully establish that a bbearing on an older table is good. Looking at an older Linn doesn't tell you much unless the wear is extensive.
I hhope that helps.
You can easily replace the bearing on an LP12, contact Rick at audioalternative.com, he is a LP12 guru. If anyone knows these tables top to bottom it would be him.
Thanks; still don't see how to check an older bearing though. BTW, Linn doesn't sell older replacement bearings; only the new ones for 1300$