Opinions on bang for the buck on TT & tonearm

$6000.00 budget on the used or demo market.
The sound; must create the illusion of being there, accurate vocals and sufficient bass. I know kinda tall order.
Thanks curleyques
curleyques
Lewm, I don't know about the Dais or Anna Log. I never saw one of these decks. I have owned a Nottingham Horizon SE and later a 294, and from what I saw I would say the Pear Audio Blue turntables looked much better made. The fit and finish was certainly better then on my old tables. My bugaboo with the old Nott decks was with the damned Space tonearm. The new tonearms look like there has been substantial improvement.

If I had the bucks I would spring for the Kid Thomas deck with the regulated power controller and Comet 2 tonearm. But I don't. I am hopeful that the new Robin Hood will meet my requirements.

Lewm: "And you know what audiophiles are like, me included. What I own is obviously the best."

Thanks for summarizing audiophilia for me. For a long time I thought being an audiophile is to think "what I own is what I LIKE best." Now I know.

Third the VPI/pick a price point method. Love the VPIs.

If you have no ego and some DIY skills perahps look at a technics 1200 or SP10. But that option is really for tweakers only IMO.