Snap, crackle, pop

After I clean the used record with my spin clean I still can notice pops in ticks. Does that mean the record still has dirt in it or is that just where in tear from the previous owners? I tried cleaning the record in the spin clean again but it really doesn't get any better.
last_lemming
Some preamps will emphasize ticks and pops as well!

Sometimes the loading on the phono cartridge can help too; a lot depends on what cartridge you have and the phono preamp.
You can get enzyme based cleaning solution at much lower price tag. Once audio comes onto play the price bumps-up 10x at least. It's simply an enzyme based surgical tools cleaner which retails anywhere from $50 to $100 per gallon(check amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=surgical+enzyme+cleaner).
1 gallon can clean about 2..3,000 vinyls depending on contamination and it works indeed best.
Ultrasonic cleaners usually consist of an ultrasonic bath.
To fit 12" record size one should retail at $3...500 range depending on width and electric slow-rpm motor or one with reductor. Also you'll need to put together some frame for the motor. Plywood is fastest and cheapest approach to build it.
With ultrasonic cleaner all you need is distilled water, but if vinyls are highly contaminated, I'd purchase one of those enzyme cleaners in smaller quantities if possible. A gallon would be sufficient for 5k vinyls if not more when using an ultrasonic machine.
Dryer is optional especially when using enzyme cleaner. Vinyls will normally dry out with no residue at all, but optionally i'd build one using blower motor and pipes from the hydroponic gardening equipment.
Purchasing separate ultrasonic transducers and SS bath may save you even more since you don't need heater that usually supplied with any ultrasonic bath
hand scrub your records with a disk doctor brush and Audio Intelligence No 15 pre-wash enzymatic. Wipe it dry with a micro fibre towel and use the spin clean with distilled water for a rinse. Dry your record with a clean micro towel and let it dry for twenty minutes in a plastic dish rack. Short of that, buy a better record cleaner.
I also would look for a speaker that has a very flat response in the treble region...an exaggerated treble will only emphasize the issue...and like it or not...noise ...or varying degrees...has always been part of
the listening experience...I buy primarily used wax myself and have had good luck but there is the occasional turkey...some good advice...I also look for a sharp outer ring...all things considered ...this implies little 'handling' of the record was done...which equates to minimal play...also...depending upon scarcity of the LP...buying another copy hopefully improves background noise...
As mentioned - results will vary BUT you do need an enzyme solution and a RCM to vacuum away for best results.