Snap, crackle, pop

After I clean the used record with my spin clean I still can notice pops in ticks. Does that mean the record still has dirt in it or is that just where in tear from the previous owners? I tried cleaning the record in the spin clean again but it really doesn't get any better.
last_lemming
hand scrub your records with a disk doctor brush and Audio Intelligence No 15 pre-wash enzymatic. Wipe it dry with a micro fibre towel and use the spin clean with distilled water for a rinse. Dry your record with a clean micro towel and let it dry for twenty minutes in a plastic dish rack. Short of that, buy a better record cleaner.
I also would look for a speaker that has a very flat response in the treble region...an exaggerated treble will only emphasize the issue...and like it or not...noise ...or varying degrees...has always been part of
the listening experience...I buy primarily used wax myself and have had good luck but there is the occasional turkey...some good advice...I also look for a sharp outer ring...all things considered ...this implies little 'handling' of the record was done...which equates to minimal play...also...depending upon scarcity of the LP...buying another copy hopefully improves background noise...
As mentioned - results will vary BUT you do need an enzyme solution and a RCM to vacuum away for best results.
I rarely clean records unless they have obvious problems. For the most part I use a dust brush. Ticks and pops are not a problem despite that, although I am careful of the used LPs I buy, and try to take care of them by not handling the playing surfaces, storing them upright, etc.
See member "atmasphere" explanation. The cleaning rarely solve pops. All I can say is I have about 3000 vinyl records of which 50% are used. Almost no pops and no RCM anymore. Just brush. If real dirty which none are I would wash by hand. Never heard the idea of sharp edges don't mean to be rude but thought was pretty funny.