Charge for TT setup?

I'm upgrading my TT and am looking at a VPI Classic 3 which retails for 6K. The dealer wants another $100 to take the cartridge off the old table and put it on the new one.
I'm thinking at 6K set-up should be included but I'm not very knowledgeable. Is this a standard practice? Or is it free only if I also buy a cartridge from him?
Thanks
rockhead
The dealer is making 40% on the table, offer him the $6K less 20%, including the setup. Fair is fair.
Polk432 is on the right track. To make a good deal, you always have to be ready to walk away. In a very nice, very friendly sort of way, simply tell him that if you have to pay for set-up, its a deal breaker and be ready to walk. Find a dealer who will work with you and not try and grab every single dollar out of your pocket. Don't burn any bridges with him, but simply ask for it. These days a customer plunking down full retail on a 6K turntable should have his ass kissed!
These days a customer willing to pay 6k for a TT should have his ass KICKED, or at least have set up charges dropped. Walk away, you can always walk back. If the dealer is in a hurry, tell him to be patient...or become one. Best of luck, and I hope you get the TT that you like.