Kl Audio LP200 ultrasonic record cleaner insights

I did a bit of research a few months ago on the Audio Desk ultrasonic cleaner and thats where I found out about the KL Audio CLN LP200unit. I was attracted to the much more powerful motor, no rollers to replace and using distilled water rather than a cleaner.

Let me start that I have a Loricraft and used the Walker 4 step program but shortened it to a clean\rinse setup. Still ten undivided minutes of your time a side to clean. After a while I didnt bother with mint or new records.

Table Galibier Gavia, Triplanar Arm, Zyx Universe cartridge

I have quckly and efficiently cleaned more records in 3 weeks than I have for the three years I have had the Loricraft. And it was hardly an inconvienance, not a major chore

I have cleaned a number of Walker\Loricraft records again with the KL Audio. The results are jaw dropping. Dead quiet, no static pops (sometimes dont even zerostat). The biggest issue is resolution, getting down and removing that last bit of material and the resolution, body, separation of instruments, timing, passion and air around the notes is enhanced. Modest pressing sound like audiophile. I have ran into a few noisy records, probably dug out by the last stylus but most everything else has been so overwhelming. Low level detail is to die for.

The machine is a tank. Everything impeccably manufacturered. You can set the ultrasonic to 1-5 minutes and the drying 2-4 minutes I spit out a record every 5 minutes while I watch tv from the next room. It drys very effectively but isnt that loud

This machine is not cheap at $4k but what it does is like a very serious component upgrade. Highly recommended for someone with a serious vinyl collection and setup
128x128audiotomb
I use both methods- AIVS No. 15, plus lab water on an old VPI using MoFi
brush/pads, then into ultrasonic (I have the AD, which I bought just as the
KL was announced). I buy mostly used, older vinyl and have found that the
enzyme/agitation/lab water is necessary for records that have been
'handled' for 40 or 50 years. So, what started as a 'man, this is easy'
revelation when I first got an ultrasonic cleaner has now turned into an
even more involved, time consuming cleaning process, but my records
seem to be really clean, no static, no residue (following others, I've reduced
the amount of surfactant in the AD). I have a pretty good work flow, and
while one is in the US, I'm 'pre-cleaning' a couple more. I try to do 'batches'
of records, so i'm not constantly interrupting my listening to do record
cleaning.
Btw. I use below my Klaudio an isolation Platform....the serious mod for the haunted audiophile :-)
Michael Fremer's insights and comparisons to the Audio Desk

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/klaudio-kd-cln-lp200-ultransonic-record-cleaner-reviewed
Clickable link to Myles Review

Excellent review Myles, In regards to the totally useless funnel that KL Supplies with the machine, just got to you local auto parts store and buy a 99C funnel with which you can fill the machine in less than a minute.

Good Listening

Peter