My system consists of

Onkyo TX-NR905
Polk RTi12 fronts
Polk CSi A6 center
Polk CSi5 surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD
meambler
Post removed 
FWIW, years ago, at the suggestion of Mike at VPI, I bought a Grado "The Reference" low-output MI cartridge for my JMW12 arm. The cartridge was not a good match, causing constant woofer pumping (a sure sign of a cartridge compliance/tonearm mass mismatch), despite every effort to correct it through changing the viscosity and amount of damping fluid in the JMW's well. Plus, this combo's sound was bland and boring to my ears, lacking dynamics and also extension in the upper frequencies.

I replaced the Grado with a medium-compliance van den Hul MC Two HOMC and was much happier with the vdH cartridge/JMW arm combo. Used the latter setup for years, always enjoying the dynamic and involving sound, and had no issues with woofer pumping or mistracking.

Why not consider a medium-compliance HOMC cartridge, say maybe a Sumiko Blackbird or even the more economical but similar sounding Sumiko BP Special EVO III. A nice, slightly used one is available for sale here on Agon right now. No affiliation whatsoever with seller.

I would also think that the SS/VPI Zephyr would make a great sounding pairing as Viridian suggests.

Dave
I had a 2M Black, sold it. Bought a Soundsmith Zephyr, love it. This was
on a JMW 10.5i arm.
I like everyones suggestions. Like in this thread I've heard mixed opinions about the Grados in other forums. The Zephyr intrigues me but it's not in my price point at this time. Any other suggestions of a mm or mi in the $400-$450 range?