Turnable database with TimeLine

Here is a database showing various turntables being tested for speed accuracy and speed consistency using the Sutherland TimeLine strobe device. Members are invited to add their own videos showing their turntables.

Victor TT-101 with music

Victor TT-101 stylus drag

SME 30/12

Technics SP10 MK2a

Denon DP-45F
peterayer
Makes sense in that the table is actually playing a record, though w/ a speed strobe there is a spinning disc. This is certainly easier to make out though.
Damn that Led Zeppelin IV album is warped. I would not play it without a periphery ring. Also, watching Halcro's videos, it's interesting how some audiophiles just drop the cartridge on the record. I lower my Delos as gently as I possibly can. Seems like a good practice to prolong the suspension's life.
ALL direct-drive turntables have a "motor controller" of one form or another, built in to the servo circuit. I suppose it is possible that a DD turntable could benefit from a standard AC regenerator, like a PS Audio power source, but such a device is different in purpose from a dedicated tt motor controller. You can assume that the TT101 has such a one. For one thing, the TT101 has a DC motor; the PS inside the chassis converts AC into +/-12VDC and +5VDC outputs. The Denon has a 3-phase AC motor that is "controlled" by a feedback circuit. So, it's able to adjust its speed. (I don't know whether the DP45 has adjustable speed option on the control panel, but the more expensive models in that line-up do/did.)
I wish my DP45 had speed adjustability. I would have tried to get it a bit more accurate before taking the video.
Nice start Peter....
Obviously something is wrong with the Denon.....but the SME 30/12 puts in a solid performance....particularly for a belt drive which mostly find it hard to compete with the old Japanese 'super' DD models?

This should be a chance to see how the much vaunted big Micro Seikis like the SX/RX-5000 and SX/RX 8000 models compete?
Also Dover's Final Parthenon which he claims is 'spot-on' with the Timeline?

This would also be an opportunity for the 'modern' turntable manufacturers to display their credentials....particularly against the 30-40 year-old Japanese DDs?
How about the top Clearaudios, the Walker Proscenium, the VPIs, the Linn Sondek, the Continuum Caliburn, the Brinkmann, the Basis, the Feikert, the Verdier, the Kuzma, the TW-Acustic, the SOTA....and particularly...the new AirForce One?

And how about the modern DD turntables like the new VPI, the Wave Kinetics NVS, the Monaco Grand Prix?

I would also love to see how the old Idler/Rim Drives perform?
Like the Garrard 301 and 401, the Thorens, the Lenco and particularly the legendary EMT 927?

And then there's the new Idlers like the Saskia which reports excellent performance?

I know there is a lot more to a great turntable than keeping absolute and/or consistent speed 'under load'......but surely that needs to the 'a priori' fundamental?
If that 'objective' quality can not be delivered.....all the bells and whistles which some tables claim to contain.....seem slightly redundant?

Of course two problems exist in trying to add these tables to the DataBank.....
1. An owner/manufacturer needs to have or borrow a Timeline
2. They need to know how to video it and upload it to YouTube

Good luck in your quest.....