$7K to spend on new turntable + arm

I have VPI Scout 1.0 turntable with a dynavector DV20X2m cartridge. I listen mainly to Jazz so this is my primary focus. What would you recommend as a turntable/tonearm upgrade as I have around $7K to spend. What sort of improvements in sound could I expect from your recommendation?

Note, I had ordered a VPI Classic 3 Rosewood, but for some reason VPI changed contents from what has been positively reviewed (no longer including Valhalla wire in tonearm and no periphery clamp).
bpowers23
My phono stage is Nova Phonomena. I like this phono stage because of its flexibility and battery capabilities. I have Wireworld Equinox cables for interconnects (amazing clarity) connected through a Cary Cinema 11 (analog pass-through, analog volume control). This connects to Theta Digital Dreadnaught II Solid State Amp. My speakers are Vienna Acoustic Strauss which are on the sweet side of neutral.

Overall, the system is excellent, but I think my table, though solid, is now the weakest link.
I owned the Nova Phenomina and would upgrade it first. Look into Pass XONO a very quiet competent phono that will do justice to a $7k or $5k after a phono upgrade, TT upgrade. If you choose to do the table first, as I did, you will be upgrading the Nova Phenomina very shortly, as I "had" to !!!!!!!!
I also like and recommend the Basis 2200 or the 2500 with a Vector 3 arm, great performers for the money !!!!!
12-14-13: Bpowers23
Overall, the system is excellent, but I think my table, though solid, is now the weakest link.

I don't know that I agree with you there. I wouldn't bother running a nice $7K table/arm like the Basis I recommended through a Pre-Pro and multi-channel amp. I think the VPI Scout/Dynavector is just fine for your current setup. If you upgrade the table/arm, then you will need to upgrade your electronics as well, IMHO.
Jmcgrogan2,

Hmmm.. The Theta has the capability to go multichannel, yes. But it is a mono-Channel, fully balanced, Class A design. Each channel stands on it own. So I can simply switch to Stereo mode and only two channels are active. Its a completely black amp. No background noise whatsoever, In addition, My speakers are 4Ohm, full range. They need power.
To get "better" and a better fit for my speakers I'd have to invest 10k in the amp.

The prepro controls the volume. That's it. It's out of the way.

The turntable/cartridge are likely to have the greatest impact on my current system. With the phono amp possibly next as has been mentioned.