Phono Preamp - 2k budget?

System:
Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum Integrated Amplifier KT120's
Pro-Ject RM-5SE (Blue Point #2)
Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1's (No SA amp)

Relatively new to Vinyl and don't see going back to a digital system anytime soon so I am looking to move into a new playing field with my phono preamp. I listen to Classic Rock, Rock, A good amount of acoustics and a dab of classical. If anything, my system is lacking in bass so id prefer a phono preamp that is more on the dynamic, lively side of things if thats possible.

All suggestions are welcome!

Here is the list of ones that have been suggested already:

Manley Chinook
Rega Aria
Rogue Audio Ares
vedder323
HI-FI News did a comparison of 6 phono preamps under $2k pounds (roughly your budget)in its November 12, 2012 issue:

Avid Pulsus
Bel Canto Phono 3VB
Clearaudio Balance
Pathos Inthegroove MKII
Roksan Reference
Simaudio Moon 310LP

They liked all for various reasons. The overall winner was the Simaudio Moon 310LP. I wound up buying the 310P and later bought the separate power supply. I really like the sound. The review said the Avid was hands down the best value.

The article is now a year old but it can still give some good research info.

Good Luck
Dear Pani: ++++ " How about the Nagra BPS ? Isnt it a benchmark phonostage ? " +++++

a benchmark?, maybe because its price or why?, please explain.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
Most used high-end electronic equipment has been very well cared for. Manufacturers typically stand behind their products at this level. They can't afford to have any customer service issues or less than great product reliability.

Some manufacturers take selected older models in on trade for newer units or units that have significant upgrade or modification.

I say that because there are a LOT of really great used phono stages available used around that price point. They may have a few years on them but would be a real bargain.

Calling manufacturers to see if they have older used stock or trade-ins available for sale can provide some really great equipment for a fraction of the cost of new.