ARC tube CD players - Burn in

My new ARC cd9 joined a Jeff Rowland integrated and Dynaudio c1 signatures.

Was advised to just listen and not run continuous for burn in. In other words turn off when not listening. After approx 50 hours of use I find many CDs mids and especially highs sound harsh and fatiguing.

Would appreciate any comments regarding sonic change as more hours are put on. Was expecting a warm sonic signature with lots of wonderful detail. Will that arrive after more hours? And if so should I run continuously to speed up the process?

Any comments would be appreciated.
yashu
Don't worry about tube life, the 6550 tube is inexpensive. I would run it from sunrise to sunset.
Great points, Brf and Riparian.

Any of you other guys tube roll an ARC cd player?
Riparian mine did come with 6550 WE.

Been searching for your suggestion and I see (SED) or the same number without the SED notation. Both are the winged version. Does it matter which one I order?

Thanks
Yashu,
It can be confusing with Russian vacuum tube manufacturers. SED (Svetlana Eletron Devices)is another Russian company which bought the name, and makes a 6550C. If there is no Winged C, that isn't the one you want. The =C= SED (Winged C) logo is used by the company formerly known as Svetlana. The key is to get a 6550C with the Winged C logo (also says SED).

I don't believe the Winged C 6550C tubes are manufactured anymore, and that is a possible reason why ARC does not provide them with new electronics. Maybe someone from ARC could comment on that.

It is important to get a Winged C 6550C from a reputable tube dealer. Apparently (I cannot verify this) there are some substandard Winged C tubes in circulation.
Break in used to be 50 hrs, now 600? I have had my CD8 for over 3 years and frankly it's little different now as it was new. I have 200hr on my 5SE and cannot perceive any major change in sound. However, 600 hrs breakin is a good way to defer buyer expectations beyond the return period.