Anyone try purple and orange with green CD edge?

I hate to judge before all the facts are in, but while the color green on the outer edge of the CD can be quite effective, the additional colors purple and ornage bring quite a lot of focus and soundstage to the table. one inch stripes orange on opposite sides of the CD, North and South, one inch stripes purple (violet) East and West. fill reamining portion of edge with bright green. For this task use transparent permanent ink pens like, say, Sharpie. the Brush version of Shaprie pens work very well for this project, the Fine Tip pens will work too.
128x128geoffkait
Swanny why would this not make sense? A cd player uses laser light and light is either refracted or absorbed by various colors so it's not a stretch to think color treatments might have an effect. Not going to bother trying it myself but I don't doubt there might be an effect.
Jond is right on target; as the wavelength of the color green, causes it to reflect only green and to absorb every other color in white light's spectrum.
Geoff

The underside layer of my cd cover I already had painted green..so I could put a purple stripe east and west and an orange strip north and south all on the cover. This way I wouldn't have to paint each disc. I have several of these covers I had made so I have many for comparison. Thanks for laying the thought. Tom