Top brand speakers

Could someone with a vast experience with speakers/subwoofers say which ones are the top brands and worth the money.
freesoulbg
By media I mean - a source like Youtube, like mp3s and stuff which is streo. The Bluray rips, etc are decoded via my decoder to Dolby/DTS and have far better sound but when the raw signal from the sound card is crappy :(
I have another question for those more familiar with the electronics - today I had some short power outages which resulted in broken audio system again - the light which indicates the power is blinking. When i got the system from the repair shop (they didnt repair it at all) I plugged it in and it was working, but since today after those bad power inputs it is not again. I wonder what that could be - it seems only after a power surge of some sort this can happen.
you do have a power strip of some sort with a fuse of some sort to avoid this? even an inexpensive one will do the trick.
Veroman - could you please translate it or refer with a Google picture since I am not so familiar with electronics :)
And then how should I perform the trick :)