Top brand speakers

Could someone with a vast experience with speakers/subwoofers say which ones are the top brands and worth the money.
freesoulbg
this thread is something out of a vintage woody allen movie at a thanksgiving family dinner. i am afraid to even turn on my amp after all this dissection. why do we even bother, lets just hum middle c and call it even
Never got the speakers. Have heard nothing for nearly a year. As you can imagine I am not feeling terribly positive towards the maker. I wouldn't advise anyone to have anything to do with Bob Smith until he has a lot better record than this.
OK, my old system works without repair :) I would like to ask if anyone can give an opinion - I am using PC optic output from HD sound card, but when listen to STEREO media, the sound is not good I mean is flat, no deep bass, etc.. Only when I listen to the Dolby/DTS media like movies the sound is far better.
What do you mean by media? If you are talking movies, they probably would sound better in surround.
By media I mean - a source like Youtube, like mp3s and stuff which is streo. The Bluray rips, etc are decoded via my decoder to Dolby/DTS and have far better sound but when the raw signal from the sound card is crappy :(