Warm airy musical speakers?

I am a newbie to Hifi. Well I have been reading on forums on and off for the last 5 years, but never had any system myself.

I'm a musician myself and have an idea of what type of sound I'm looking for. It is a warm, airy, open and organic sound with good midrange for vocals. Listen to jazz, acoustic music, norah jones, Diana Krall etc..

I don't like a cold and bright type of sound.

I've read alot of sonus faber, venere 1.5/2.0. Could be that kind of speaker I'm looking for?! Also I have read about focal aria 906. Seems to get great reviews.

I live far off any hifi-stores so I thought I will collect some good candidates for listening, when I visit a bigger city.

My budget is around $2000 - $2300 for both speaker and amplifier. New or used doesn't matter. For an amplifier I'm interested in tubes..

All recommendations are welcome!
philsons
I listen to the same music through Harbeth C7ES3's. You could find them used in your price range.
First off 2300 for both speakers and amp is used territory esp. When talking about tubes.

I would suggest you look into System Audio speakers esp. For your listening preferences. Slightly warm and musical. I own a pair of their Mantra 10s larger stand mount and use older exposure seperates. Really nice. They are really good with Rouge and NAD as well.You will have to really price shop to get under your budget. Due to your location SA is probably a little cheaper I bet you can get Mantras for equivalent to 1300 US.

Currently they have a thread in the speakers forum about low powered tube amps and high efficiency speakers. With your music taste and budget I would seriously look into this option. I myself am very interested in a system like this. According to the thread you could get this system under your budget.
The Opera Mezza are excellent for the type of music you listen to. Also, the Dynaudio 140's used would be a excellent choice.
Well, today I went to the closest Hifi-store just to get my first hifi-experience. I know I´m a newbie in the hifi-World but there is much more complex than I thought. So many different configurations, and all sound different from eachother.

I explain to the seller my budget and what Music I like. We started with Monitor audio silver 6 and silver 1. Feed by a Linn digital streamer (sneaky DS). He played Music through wimp. The sound was of course much better than my computer speakers. Cannot Believe I´ve not invested in some better gear long time ago.

The floorstander had a fuller sound that I liked better than the monitor. The midrange was pretty open and clear, the bass was full and Deep, the tweeter was a Little chilly in a sort of way, crisp but sounded separated from the midrange. I don´t know how much it would difference to use another stronger amp. He said that they´re very easy to drive. One thing struck me, even if I´m not a bass-junkie it was pretty nice to have a Little support in that range with floorstander. The monitor seemed to miss some of that full sound. From beginning I had my thoughts on monitors, but maybe floorstander will give me the whole cake.

Altough it was the best I´ve Heard so far, I felt instantly that I want more of the system I´ll buy.

After that we tried with a Linn monitor. the cheapest line. The sound was not full, felt harsch. Maybe the amp was too weak. It sounded slow as it didn´t Catch up with the Music.

I see now what ZD meant. I really have to start listening to different systems just to get the idea what I like and what sound I´m looking for. I have no rush.

I´ve read some about Harbeth, spendor, magnepan.. The last one wouldn´t fit now, but maybe later in Life.
Harbeth/spendor seems to have a very natural and open midrange from what I´ve read, got me really curious to listen to them.