two way v. three way speakers

I recently heard some magico mini's at a friend's house. They sounded amazing. And they were 'only' a two way speakers, but they filled the room with amazing sound. So now I wonder, what does the additional driver add, especially when it is the same size as the second driver. For example, the SF Olympica III's have two drivers of the same size. I know that third driver adds a lot to the price, but what does it sonically? Thank you all in advance.
elegal
It is a lot more simple: The best sound Always wins. I create my sound ( a 3 dimensional physical stage) and people can audition it.

At other shops they can listen to sound for the same kind of money. So they can compare. What do they choose?
Exactly the most convincing sound.

People read and listen very bad. When you would have read better you would have undersand that it is not about me.

The quality of the stuff I sell is what counts. I only use it more precise. Better quality sells a lot easier.

What I said earlier; we have a totally different kind of humor. More on the sarcastic side. It has nothing to do about understanding.

When you use Pioneer ( 2 dimensional standard audio) as an amp you have a lot of knowlegde in audio!!
Room and equipment matching has a lot to do with the sound also. For example Vandy 5s I own sound different that the Meadowlarks I own and the Alons I own in the same room with the same equipment. Swap the equipment and each speaker performs much better. So you now have to pick the one you prefer. I have not heard many 2 ways that float my boat over the long term. IMO without the foundation of bass reproduction, something is missing.

Happy Listening
3 ways typically have greater frequency range, dynamic range, and can more easily keep the cross-over out of the area most sensitive to human hearing. Comparably priced 2 ways often have less box resonance, bass to room issues and sometimes better imaging. Unless dealing with a smaller room, I've yet hear circumstance where I wouldn't prefer a 3 way. YMMV!
to bo. i have never read such a collection of fantastical narcissistic hyperbole on this site. i am positive you believe what you are writing but at my level of understanding it just sounds like baloney. it must be me though as others here seem to eagerly await your next post. i will just turn on my full range drivers and cheap t chip amp or my cheap 7 watt set amp and listen to my low fi set up with a can of warm beer and fried mudfish. oh, and i use only 16 gage lampcord for cables. i sadly do not create my sound i let the musicians do it for me. all i have to go buy is the grand piano and concert harp in the room to do my a/b listening. i guess i do nt know how to hear music, cuz i think this $1000 set up sounds very close. but what do we know
Audio it not about money. Money does not give you a good or better sound. The most important part in audio is that it Always will be a matter of taste. When people prefer a coloured low freq. You cannot say you are not allowed to find it that good.

Audio is about quality. These days you can get a very good sound for not that much money.

There need to be more open information about the good products and the bad. Because those bad products make people react so differently on threads in general.