Help with buying used Sonus Faber Cremona m

What are the risks of buying a very high-end set of Cremona m speakers used from a private party in Poland and shipping them to Texas, US? Maybe for some, this isn't a big risk/investment, but for me, this is huge and I am considering going way over my budget! I was originally looking to buy B&W PM1's (upgrading from my B&W XT2's) but have branched out and am very impressed with the SF Olympica. There's no way for me to budget $6-$10k for a pair of speakers, so I'm looking used for great sounding / looking SF's. If you have any feedback on these, let me know....but also looking for expert guidance on the concerns below.

I have many concerns and looking for some experienced council on how best to proceed.

- how to ensure they are authentic and not black/grey market or copies?
- should I confirm if they were originally purchased at an authorized dealer?
- how do I confirm the production year?
- should I be contacting SF in advance to check serial #?
- should I require a copy of the original receipt?
- how do I know if SF will service them or if there is any warranty and if not, doesn't this drastically reduce their value?
- how do I confirm if they are in perfect condition and perform perfectly?
- how much should it cost to ship from Poland to Texas?
- what is the best way to pay $thousands before I confirm this and before the seller ships (seller won't use PayPal)
- these are the ? I can think of. If you have other insights to share, please do.

Thanks very much for helping with my decision.
caune11
Why? I want what I want! :) with everyone's focus on the Olympica range, seems like many Cremona m owners would be looking to upgrade, or shops trying to aggressively close out old stock/demo gear. I can wait more than 30 days if necessary. I know there are speakers in the price range that others may sound or perform better, but I can't fall in love with the shape and aesthetics of any of them. Thanks
There 's a pair for sale on this site right now. Just enter sonus faber on the main page and you'll see them.
Rudge, Yes, a few pairs on sale in maple finish. I need to find graphite (not from Poland or other countries where authenticity and commerce ethics are a concern).

The aesthetics (as well as sound experience) are critical as I moonlight as an interior designer and these will end up in my living room and need to fit the design and get spousal approval. My decor is mainly monochromatic grays (floors, walls, furniture) with pops of white and blue. The maple finish just won't work. I'd be great with graphite, but could certainly do a Sf walnut finish as well. From what I know, the Cremona m only is offered in maple or graphite. To do walnut, I'd have to consider Olympica (out of my budget), Liuto, or the new Venere 3.0.

I'm going to audition the Venere 3.0 tomorrow. Not sure they will hold a candle to the Cremona m. But I will try to keep an open mind.... Still seeking the silver bullet (graphite Cremona m). Thanks.
Caune11, try Magnolia hifi, part of BestBuy, for close out pair. They are likely trying to get rid of their Cremona's to make way for the Olympica.