Price Increases

As of late (within last 12 months), I've noticed substantial
price increases by some well known names (Speaker) in the industry on their entire product lines. With no updates to design I cannot understand why the price hikes. I'm not saying the increases are not necessary from a business standpoint or whatever reason, but it discourages me cause it puts many of these products out reach for so many hobbyist including myself. It does make the used market so attractive. Just venting.
demar
"Apple to apple" comparison? That's easy they are loudspeakers, use your ears. All speakers are in the same group, just different prices and sizes.
Seems the last 10 years they have pretty much doubled on a lot of brands. Way higher than inflation. It's gone crazy. It's starting to bleed over onto the used market in ways too. I was reading some old forum posts from 10 years ago. They were talking about the same speakers back then that were still pretty new and selling for almost half price used. Well today they are selling for almost that same price.

Well except now the newest model is twice as much as what that older model sold for when it came out. So there is more demand for the old models since now in comparison the new models are way way more money. It makes the older model appear to be an even better deal and causing the prices to cost the same as they did 10 years ago used.
113,100 millionaires in New York alone. Despite the economic situation for us, some are doing just fine and are willing to part with their money for the latest and greatest.

All the best,
Nonoise
Have you not heard, the rich have gotten richer. The appreciation in their assets, stocks and houses, give them more to spend. So, price increase in their end of the hi fi market can be made easily. Fortunately, the rest of us are spared as the mass producers of audio products still must cater to us poor souls. Hi end cars are also doing well with bit price increases to boot.
Look at some of the Virtual Systems at here costing into the hundreds of thousands and ponder upon the foolishness of man.