Behold Gentle G192 Media Player

Hello again!

We at TARA Labs have been having a lot of fun auditioning new components for our listening room. One recent subject is our Behold Gentle G192 Media Player. It functions as a music server, amplifier and preamplifier, DAC, and DSP corrector. Musically the sounds are very detailed and well-defined, but without the analytical nuance quality that some digital components produce. Rather the sound seems well extended, airy and open overall. Has anyone else tried this media player? Are there any similar products that you have had good experiences with?
codytara
ZD, you are not wrong.

Streamer is just a quiet transport that is designed optimized for music, accepts ethernet/wifi, etc and outputs in Dac friendly formats like USB, HDMI, RCA, BNC eutc.
Audiolabyrinth,

So you want to keep your amp, but replace your CD transport, DAC, and preamp with a single digital server with balanced outputs? I believe a Lumin server would fit that bill. Nothing else comes to mind, since most digital servers output a digital signal that needs to be converted to analog by a separate DAC.

I briefly explored the idea of demoing a Lumin. I don't know if you are in the US or somewhere else, but Ciamara in New York is a Lumin dealer that allows 30-day trials within the US (or rather, the right to return the product for a full refund if you don't like it).

Mind you, I have never heard a Lumin player, so cannot recommend it based on personal experience. And Lumin is not cheap. But it might be worth investigating if you want to retire your CD player and move to a one box solution.
Thankyou Mcondon, you hit the nail on the head, that is exactly what i'm looking for, however, I will still use the cd-player on a second system, not sure if the Lumin product is my answer, worth looking into, just tired of cd's rearing out, we all know what i'm saying, scratche's, breaking, skipping, etc..., want to join the new era of music play back, but I will not and refuse to use a usb cable or interface, that is silly!, I enjoy state of the art analog balanced cable's now, I cannot imagine getting rid of my $15,000 1-meter balanced I/C for a usb cable, really, ha,ha,ha, now you know why I desire a quality analog volume control on a streamer that signal's by way of balanced out's, cheers.
Hi Zd542, Do you remeber the Krell kps 25sc?, when this unit was made, it was an all in one box solution that was incredible in it's day, I would like to audition a streamer that is like this, instead of cd play back all in one box, the krell unit had a real class A analog preamp inside the unit, eliminated the use for some cable's, only need one analog cable direct to amplification, the krell was state of the art in the entire decade it was made, I may be hopeing for to much here, you would think with all the technology these day's, one would be able to find such a streamer?