Behold Gentle G192 Media Player

Hello again!

We at TARA Labs have been having a lot of fun auditioning new components for our listening room. One recent subject is our Behold Gentle G192 Media Player. It functions as a music server, amplifier and preamplifier, DAC, and DSP corrector. Musically the sounds are very detailed and well-defined, but without the analytical nuance quality that some digital components produce. Rather the sound seems well extended, airy and open overall. Has anyone else tried this media player? Are there any similar products that you have had good experiences with?
codytara

Showing 13 responses by audiolabyrinth

Codytara, is this unit made in the u.s.a. or china?, does it have a analog volume control or digital?
easy boy's, easy, he is a newbie, remember when you was?, I was ignored for a long time or treated like dirt, codyTara, it take's a long time to get in this community as accepted, keep the ole chin up cody.
ha,ha,Hi Zd542, I have only been a member since, I believe 9-2012, I stiil catch the bs, you know how it is.
Hi Mcondon, first off, thank's for your post, to tell you the truth here, after all these year's, I find my self tired of cd's skipping!, can you elaborate on the sound of the two unit's you are speaking of?, I am in the market for a media player that has it's own volume control to run direct to amp, I do not need another amp, just a source of this kind with a quality volume control.
Hi Zd542, Do you remeber the Krell kps 25sc?, when this unit was made, it was an all in one box solution that was incredible in it's day, I would like to audition a streamer that is like this, instead of cd play back all in one box, the krell unit had a real class A analog preamp inside the unit, eliminated the use for some cable's, only need one analog cable direct to amplification, the krell was state of the art in the entire decade it was made, I may be hopeing for to much here, you would think with all the technology these day's, one would be able to find such a streamer?
Hi Mcondon, what a great post, thankyou, I would like to find a streamer of excellent sound with a quality volume control to run direct to my amp and get out of cd-player's, dac's-transport's all together, I am not that interested in computer audio, that's silly to me, computer's do not have quality power supplies, tube's, quality capacitor's, etc..., plus usb cable's are a silly way to attempt to get state of the art sound, some usb implementation's inside of some of the best Dac's out there may sound good, however, the usb cable is a bust!, a media streamer that has balanced cable out-put with a quality volume control to run direct to amplification is what I would like to audition, is their such a unit on the market yet?
Thankyou Mcondon, you hit the nail on the head, that is exactly what i'm looking for, however, I will still use the cd-player on a second system, not sure if the Lumin product is my answer, worth looking into, just tired of cd's rearing out, we all know what i'm saying, scratche's, breaking, skipping, etc..., want to join the new era of music play back, but I will not and refuse to use a usb cable or interface, that is silly!, I enjoy state of the art analog balanced cable's now, I cannot imagine getting rid of my $15,000 1-meter balanced I/C for a usb cable, really, ha,ha,ha, now you know why I desire a quality analog volume control on a streamer that signal's by way of balanced out's, cheers.
interesting reading all this, gentleman, is there a way to have what I am wanting here?
Zd542, That's funny!, you know better than to joke about hooking me up with him, come on man!, Ha,he,ha.
wisnon, I took a look at the lumin equipment, unless I missed something, they do not have a volume control, this, I do not want.
Zd542, thankyou for the kind word's, I like Bo, I believe some of what he say's,but his relentless i'm correct and nobody else is post is a little absurd, I even have defended bo on these board's, somtime's, he get to be much, you know what I am saying, in the end, he really is not a bad guy, I run across nasty member's that is a nightmare, he is an angel compaired to all them.
Thankyou Winson, I have had some personal matters come up, I will have to put off my agenda of a media player at this time, however, you may call me if you like, I enjoy talking to you, you are a good friend and member.