How long do B&W 800 series speakers last

Hi,

I am curious to know the average life of these high end speakers particularly B&W800 series. Does the surround/ cone material give up with time due to material fatigue, dust and air corrosion etc
Does the SQ degrade.

I assume they last for like 20-30 yrs given the resale prices. I see prices dip to only 50% in 15yrs. Even less for N805's

I am sure 6-7 yrs use is very normal But what about 10-14 yr old nautilus ?
Or how about an matrix 805 treated like a baby for 20 yrs.
amitchandna06
My matrix 801 S2 was bought new in 1990. Looks brand new, no deterioration at all. Has always been kept in temp and humdity controlled environment. There is no deteriotion of the surrounds and they are still pliable. I listen to everything from small & large scale classical to metal , & the speakers never broke a sweat. There is I guess foam under the fabric covering the top of the bass driver unit. Surprisingly, it has not yet begun to break down.
Very cool. That's quite impressive. Am I right saying the driver surrounds are rubber? Anyway, when you care of the equipment, it'll last for almost a quarter of a century like yours have.
The surround in the Matrix 801 S2 is rubber. Unless mistreated, it should last a long time.