Multichannel amp...

Long story short . I sold off my HT pre/pro and multichannel amp to separate the HT from the stereo. I'm now in a situation where we really need my stereo space "back", so I will once again have to integrate my stereo into my HT My pre-amp doesn't have HT pass thru so that's not an option.

What multichannel amp would match my Mark Levinson 331? I need to stay below $2k and used is definitely an option (even preferred).

For the time being, I will need to use my Onkyo TX-NR1010 with the amp-out but will add a dedicated pre/pro as funds becomes available (thinking something like Cary Cinema 12 or the like 2-ch quality is crucial)
128x128audiojan
Emotiva XPA-5, 200 watts/ch. powerhouse, neutral sound, $999.00, XPR-5 is 400 watts/ch.!!, 2249.00....Go to Emotiva.com
Rlwainwright, your over-enthusiasm and single-mindedness with Emotiva truly distracts from your posts having any meaning anymore.

There, I said it!

To the OP, I concur with the Rotel. Their multichannel amps are a good bang for the buck. An older ATI 5-channel amp is within your price range, as is a used Sherbourn 5/1500A (I've owned one for over a decade now and continue to enjoy it every day).

You MIGHT find the McCormack multichannel amp within your price range, although I haven't checked on that one for some time now.

Lots of good choices!

Michael
Ok, so it's obviously that I wasn't very clear. :-(

I'm planning to keep my ML331 for L/R, and add a multi channel amp for all other channels. It would need to be at least 5 channels though (my current set up is 7.2), but a 7-ch would be even better (I would use the current L/R Thiel MCS1's for wide channel duties)