Player With A Killer Blu Ray Picture

Do you have to spend more than $500 for a killer Blu Ray picture? Most blu ray players are of the universal player type. All I want is a blu ray player that has a stunning onscreen image.

I have no interest in all the other stuff the player has to offer, the image is the thing for me. I'm not interested in a do-it-all player, I already have a pre-pro, and I don't want or need cd or sacd. I'd like to have your recommendations for a player with a killer 1080p image priced up to $2,000. If I can have that killer image for $500 bucks, that cool too.
128x128mitch4t
The Denon Ultra Reference DVD-A1UDCI may be the best Blu Ray player ever made (if you can believe the reviews). I have one matched up with the other two Denon Ultra Reference componets and it is without question an epic piece of equipment.
And when you get it, spend $10 more and get the Monoprice Slim HDMI cables with RedMere technology. That's right, I said Ten Dollars!
ARCAM BDP's .... BDP100 up to and including or current model BDP300

I had the CAMBRIDGE AZUR which is still very fine kit by any standards. The CAMBRIDGE is a "pick 'em" against the OPPO because both the CAMBRIDGE and OPPO share the same boards from the same manufacturer.

I moved up to the ARCAM BDP which bested the CAMBRIDGE on all counts. I use it strictly for HT for which it was designed for. The video image (as well as audio)is top shelf.

ARCAM also has a 5 year warranty compared to one to two year for the rest .
On most of the review sites that I've checked out, it seems that at the $350-$500 point, you are pretty much going to get the best blu ray image available without finding any other machine that is head and shoulders above the others when it comes to image quality. Beyond $300, all the talk is about extra features like streaming ability, 2-channel prowess, SACD and the ability to act as a stand-alone dac. It seems that an excellent picture is a standard feature nowadays.