Where's the talk/reviews on the Emotiva UMC-200?

At $599 (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!) direct from the manufacturer (that's right,..no middleman mark up), Emotiva has a standalone DTS Master/Dolby HD audio 7.1 preamp processor, AND I DON'T HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT IT HERE!Why is that?...
There are surely threads on which AV receiver (yawn) is being used, or which should I buy, this and that. But there's not a hint of talk about what should otherwise be a superior performance option in the Emotiva budget separates!? Again, why is that?
I am personally one who would never spend $1500+ (and would only look to pay $100-250 on one, if I absolutely had to) on a brand new AV receiver, which is likely sonically compromised, in many aspects, for my money. Basically, I want to spend as little as possible if I go the AV receiver route for my system, and would MUCH RATHER spend on quality separates based performance, ESPECIALLY at only a few hundred dollars in cost!
So, here's this Emotiva $599 as advertised processor, and I here nary a word about it...anywhere! I might have seen one brief review in a magazine. But, I see nothing from the faithful here!
Anyone used, heard, demo'd, or have any input on this UMC-200 piece from Emotiva? Any comparisons to other gear you've owned, as for functionality, digital audio sound quality, video up-scaling or pass-through quality, reliability, and so on??? Is this thing the same as the originally offered UMC-1 at same price? I heard that one had lots of bugs and problems??
Anyway, I want to hear from those hear on their thoughts and experiences with this thing, and why isn't this apparent "bargain" of an item being discussed? ...or does most everyone here still think that your standard Chinese built AV surround receiver will offer the same level of performance as what you'd expect from higher end esoteric separates electronics?
Whaaatteeerrrryyyaaall comments here?
avgoround
I thought it had similar pre-amp sound qualities to that of what you would find in any midpriced to higher priced receiver with the benefit of being able to add a better power amp, and more flexibility to upgrade. You would be hard pressed to hear any sonic differences between it and most mid-fi receivers. It had a detailed, but more forward sound. I also compared the outlaw in the same price range. Similar quality, but sound wise much more dark and laid back. Not bad, but different.

Now own a marantz av 8801 and the sound difference is significant. More powerful bass, that same detail but a bit warmer.

That said, I'd get the emotiva and or outlaw (depending on your sound preference) along with a nice used or even new amp any day of the week over a receiver. Get one of those and a nice used $500 or so 5 channel amp and it will sound better with more upgrade options than any 2k receiver.
"[09-23-13: Rlwainwright
I have a news flash for you, AC, the NuForce is a re-badged UMC-200. Basically, for you, if it doesn't cost enough it can't be any good. You are clueless, homes...

-RW-"]

Its common knowledge that Original Equipment Manufactures (OEM) may produce pre/pro internal components for multiple manufactures. This is usually done to those manufactures specification of parts and materials.

Are you saying that you have observed both the NuForce and the Emotiva as having the exact same pre/pro internal processor, power supplies, and output stages, with the casework being the only difference?
Just for record, my 5 channel power amp is a Theta Dreadnaught 1(200x5) with absolutely clean, dynamic, dead silent channel separation. Two channel is phenomenal. I will be replacing the Theta with an Ead powermaster 2000(20amp) very shortly. Video is done by an Oppo 103 via hdmi. All audio is Emotiva via analogues. XLR sub is extremely better than the RCA.
I've owned 3 Emotiva components, and used to be a big fanboy of theirs. Nobody could tell me different, I'd get into debates about how good their gear sounded. At the time I lived in a condo and couldn't turn it up due to neighbours. Then I moved into a house and started to find weaknesses in sound. They can have a harsh high end, and the imaging is better than a receiver, but that isn't saying much. Good for the money, a decent first system, but if you are after the best sound quality you will eventually look elsewhere.

I also found they don't treat their customers well in some cases. Yes the warranty is great unless you ship internationally, then you are out of luck because they make you pay to ship it back to the U.S. Also, anything they've released in the last 4 years that wasn't amps or speakers had glitches, some very bad. I had to pay to send back my DAC to get the volume fixed.

Then there are the promises of upcoming releases that don't materialize. I waited a year for the XSP-1 then gave up. Some waited 3 years for the UMC-1 only to receive a bug-ridden machine. Parasound was to release a processor based on the same chassis/processor, but decided they couldn't do that to their customers. Now it's the XMC-1 that's over 2 years late, plus the ERC-3 that was supposed to be here in mid-June.

Some like the current UMC-200. It has half the features of a mid level receiver, slow HDMI switching and rudimentary room correction.