Where's the talk/reviews on the Emotiva UMC-200?

At $599 (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!) direct from the manufacturer (that's right,..no middleman mark up), Emotiva has a standalone DTS Master/Dolby HD audio 7.1 preamp processor, AND I DON'T HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT IT HERE!Why is that?...
There are surely threads on which AV receiver (yawn) is being used, or which should I buy, this and that. But there's not a hint of talk about what should otherwise be a superior performance option in the Emotiva budget separates!? Again, why is that?
I am personally one who would never spend $1500+ (and would only look to pay $100-250 on one, if I absolutely had to) on a brand new AV receiver, which is likely sonically compromised, in many aspects, for my money. Basically, I want to spend as little as possible if I go the AV receiver route for my system, and would MUCH RATHER spend on quality separates based performance, ESPECIALLY at only a few hundred dollars in cost!
So, here's this Emotiva $599 as advertised processor, and I here nary a word about it...anywhere! I might have seen one brief review in a magazine. But, I see nothing from the faithful here!
Anyone used, heard, demo'd, or have any input on this UMC-200 piece from Emotiva? Any comparisons to other gear you've owned, as for functionality, digital audio sound quality, video up-scaling or pass-through quality, reliability, and so on??? Is this thing the same as the originally offered UMC-1 at same price? I heard that one had lots of bugs and problems??
Anyway, I want to hear from those hear on their thoughts and experiences with this thing, and why isn't this apparent "bargain" of an item being discussed? ...or does most everyone here still think that your standard Chinese built AV surround receiver will offer the same level of performance as what you'd expect from higher end esoteric separates electronics?
Whaaatteeerrrryyyaaall comments here?
avgoround
Just for record, my 5 channel power amp is a Theta Dreadnaught 1(200x5) with absolutely clean, dynamic, dead silent channel separation. Two channel is phenomenal. I will be replacing the Theta with an Ead powermaster 2000(20amp) very shortly. Video is done by an Oppo 103 via hdmi. All audio is Emotiva via analogues. XLR sub is extremely better than the RCA.
I've owned 3 Emotiva components, and used to be a big fanboy of theirs. Nobody could tell me different, I'd get into debates about how good their gear sounded. At the time I lived in a condo and couldn't turn it up due to neighbours. Then I moved into a house and started to find weaknesses in sound. They can have a harsh high end, and the imaging is better than a receiver, but that isn't saying much. Good for the money, a decent first system, but if you are after the best sound quality you will eventually look elsewhere.

I also found they don't treat their customers well in some cases. Yes the warranty is great unless you ship internationally, then you are out of luck because they make you pay to ship it back to the U.S. Also, anything they've released in the last 4 years that wasn't amps or speakers had glitches, some very bad. I had to pay to send back my DAC to get the volume fixed.

Then there are the promises of upcoming releases that don't materialize. I waited a year for the XSP-1 then gave up. Some waited 3 years for the UMC-1 only to receive a bug-ridden machine. Parasound was to release a processor based on the same chassis/processor, but decided they couldn't do that to their customers. Now it's the XMC-1 that's over 2 years late, plus the ERC-3 that was supposed to be here in mid-June.

Some like the current UMC-200. It has half the features of a mid level receiver, slow HDMI switching and rudimentary room correction.
Thank you Runnin for your insight into the product line! That sounds about right. You get what you pay for, typically.
I'll likely look at a bit more upscale used products in the near future.
I know that, like the Emotiva UMC-1 -which took YEARS to realease, ultimately - Mondial Audio is supposed to release a current 7.1, HDMI 3D ready Acurus Act 4 processor. That might be interesting. I know the old Act 3 and upgraded same unit, where simply DYNAMITE for budget products! Super dynamic, pretty musical, nice and clear, with very good overall detail for what they were, in their time.
Also used to own the Krell HTS 5.1, Aragon Soundstage, Macintosh MX132, and others like the Act 3. I do need some sort of an upgraded, hi-end sound for my needs.
Sounds like maybe Emotiva isn't the kind of level Im likely looking for.
Hummmmmmmmm....
Audio oracle,

It's illegal in (almost?) all states for Porsche (or any other auto company) to sell factory direct. Tesla ($100k model S, hardly "cheap") is challenging that law and trying to sell factory direct.

It's hard to believe that anyone has missed the impact of the Internet in decimating retail distribution, regardless of product, or product quality. People are increasingly making purchase decisions prior to input from retailers and - over time - factory direct distribution will almost certainly take increasing market share in virtually every corner of retail.

In high end audio, the situation is extreme, since the # of bricks and mortar dealers continues to shrink. Despite the difficulty of competing with its own legacy retail network, Magnepan continues to increase its factory direct options. Newer companies, like Oppo (often cited as among the best choices for digital source components) are naturally gravitating in that direction. Older firms that lack a legacy retail chain (ie. Benchmark, which historically served the pro audio market) are doing the same thing.

Many companies (Ohm, NHT, Rythmik, Von Schweikert, LSA, and SVS come to mind quickly) already offer factory direct options. If you choose to dismiss all of those products out of hand, you might want to consider whether you're just tossing the baby with the bath water.

AFAIK, Emotive may be great, or it may suck - I've never heard a piece - but to assume it sucks due to a factory direct model is presumptuous in the extreme.

Marty