Help me spend $3000 on a used amp

I am setting aside up to $3000 for a good used stereo or mono block amps.

I have efficient speakers so the power does not have to be abundant but enough to run. The room is not big nor small so at least 100 watts plus should be efficient.

To mono block or not??? I have been debating that question.

I would like to have XLR imputs.
freemand
There is a Krell FPB-300cx now available on Agon for a bit above your price. I heard this amp when I was looking for an amp, and I can vouch that it is killer.(No relationship to the owner). It will power pretty much any speakers you ever end up with.
Thanks guys! I am going to start researching your suggestions and come back with some thoughts.

I ran a Jolida tube amp for years and have recently put a Chiro amp in which clearly has way more power, but seems to have a wider, deeper soundstage. I did loose some of that warmness, but feel I gained in a more neutral presentation which seems to render a more natural sound.

I dealt with tubes going out and having to spend nearly $200 a pop which I don't think I want to do anymore.

I have some heavily modded Kef Reference 104/2, Nad m51 dac which accepts digital HDMI from the Oppo 103d. Also a toshiba xa2 hdvd. I like running the hi res formats from the 103d and m51 including blu ray movies in two channel.

Glenfihi, why would you choose stereo over mono?
After some thinking over the weekend I may increase my budget to around $3500 or a bit more if it proves better results.