Upgrade-itus: Classé DR-9 vs. MF A3.2?

Hello Audiogon and your infinite wisdom.
I have the option to buy a Classé DR-9 to replace my MF A3.2 integrated. The MF IS 185w @ 4 ohms the Classé 200w @ 4 ohms. I'm driving Dynaudio Contour S1.4 monitors.

Thoughts? I'm sure both are good, what will the sound differences be? Dynamics, hi, lo, sound stage, warmth?

For the short term the A3.2 will be pre-amp.
Thanks!
Andy
128x128ucrazykid
I would stay clear as you can do better with a much newer amp. That amp was good in its day, but you can do better now. I owned it years ago and so many amps are better now.
*****I would stay clear as you can do better with a much newer amp.****

Of course you can. You can also do better with an amp of similar vintage or even older. But, for how much is the question; no? Still, we digress. The OP asked specifically about the Classe vs the MF. Especially if it's been refurbished, it's a no-brained IMO.
$850 for the Classe
As a point of interest, according to some older literature I have the DR-9 originally sold in 1988 for $3450. According to the U.S. Dept. of Labor's online CPI inflation calculator, that equates to $6951 in today's dollars.

I have not heard the DR-9, but I have some familiarity with Dave Reich's designs and their reputation. Notwithstanding the very considerable respect I have for Bill/Grannyring's opinions and experience (and certainly as well for Frogman's), if I were in need of a power amp and didn't want to spend thousands I would pay $850 for a top condition DR-9 in a heartbeat.

Good luck!
-- Al