Help me choose a Conrad Johnson pre-power

Friends,
I currently use a superb Wavac EC-300B SET amplifier. Whereas I thought this will probably be a very long term purchase, my Tannoy Turnberry speakers seems not very happy with the 10 odd watts that the Wavac produces. At this point I may have to give up the amazing Wavac and look around for a more powerful valve amplification.

I recently heard a CJ classic preamp + Premier 11 power amp driving a Tannoy and it was superb. I did not really expect a high powered tube amp to have such speed and coherence. I have come from the Naim/Linn background so speed and timing is paramount to me. That CJ combination did everything that a Naim does but infused a glow and natural warmth that is only a valve can do. The Wavac I use takes it to the next level by making it even more honest and pure. However it probably doesnt feel at home with my 93 db sensitive speakers.

When I look at the CJ line of equipments I feel lost among so many models. My budget is about $10k for a pre-power combination. I am more inclined to buy pre-owned so even the older models can considered.

Based on some research I have done on internet, here are the options:

Preamps:
1. Classic SE
2. ET3
3. ET5

Power amps:
1. Premier 11
2. Premier 12
3. Classic 60SE
4. LP125m
5. LP125sa

At this point the last thing I want is a mismatch in pre-power combination. I do not exactly know which pre-power combination would give me the best bang for the $10k sum.
The most obvious combination to me is the ET3 + Classic 60SE. Both are current models and matched to each other by the company. However my budget might permit me to go with ET5 or LP125m too. That is where I need help from the more experienced members here.

Please help me choose a pre-power from Conrad Johnson.

BTW, I listen to all kinds of music from Mozart to Metallica.
pani
John

Yes it was and it was a capacitor and a diode that failed twice within a short period of time (94 days). And for some reason the fuse didn't blow the second time it failed and caused the power tube to light off.

The Allinic Amp looks good and I have read that it sounds good as well.

Chuck
Pani,
For the EC300B:
1. Choose the right 300B tube.
2. Try out many 6L6GC tubes.
3. Try and get the NEC 6RR21 tube in liu of the WE 435A. The NEC if far ahead from sonic perspectives.
I ran the ET3SE with a classic 60SE for a year. last week I traded the tube amp for the new MF2550SE- nice having the extra power back. Sounds like an upgrade to me for sure.
just seeing this and curious what route you went. i personally like the se versions for long term keepers. so like Tamulet I'd think in terms of the ET3se and Classic60se. Should be well under $10k at spearitsound.com or tube-amps.rhcloud.com -- if you call and ask what they can do for you :-)