Bias for Jolida 502 P Amplifier

Just got my new Jolida 502 P yesterday and I'm enjoying it a lot - great sound! (Thanks Wolf and Jedinite for your posts re the Jolida amps) I'm surprised at the amount of bass and slam I'm getting with my Magneplanar 1.7's In fact I'm thinking that for a lot of music I probably won't even turn on my HSU sub.

On setting the bias - how important are small variations? When I got the amp I checked with my multimeter and the amp was set at about 560 mv for all tubes. Moved the bias back to 500 mv per the manual but I'm not sure if it really matters all that much for these small changes? How critical is this?
128x128ejman
Hi Ejman

I have the tube cover/cage for the Jolida JD-502P and it is an interesting one. If I could post a picture here I would. I didn't see it on the net when I did a quick image search right now. Sometimes I equate the cage/cover to the Darth Vader helmet. It covers a lot but does allow for ventilation from the top. I don't think the tube cover would fit with the Tung Sol KT-150s in place. It barely covers the amp when the Tung Sol KT-120s are installed. There are actually 4 screw holes. 2 on each side.

Instead of a stock tube cage, I'm thinking of making a small prison fence replica someday...little guard towers with tiny barbed wire around my tubes. Impractical but cute...I might be able to score something from a prison doll house company.
I see where you are going Wolf - with a cute little sign - "You are now entering Stalag JD 502 P..."