McIntosh C2300 phono input

I am interested in the C2300 to pair with my MC601 monoblocs. I am also into vinyl a lot so the phono input is of high interest.
What's the quality of this input compared to separate phono section?
How quiet is the input as residual noise is very annoying to me. I let go my Aesthetix Rhea for that reason in spite of it's features and sound.
128x128goldorak
The phono stage in the 2300 is quite nice. It holds its own, depending on your expectations. Your tube choice is also worth considering, the stock tubes are pedestrian. It holds its own with some very good phono stages in the $1500 range, especially if you are able to run balanced cables. Good luck.
So far, I have been very pleased with MC phono results using the C2300. It is better than the P75 Dynavector phono stage I had previously. The sound is neutral, with realistic soundstage and excellent retrieval of nuance and detail. I am happy at this point, although I would be interested in hearing from others who have moved up the line from the C2300 MC phono section.
The C2300 phono section is superb and nothing in the Mc line is any better, only more versatile. It made Harry Pearson's reference system for a while after it was introduced. You would have to invest a great deal of cubic dollars to improve on it. As noted by others, you might want to fool around with different tubes after break-in if you find the stock rig wanting. Happy listening!