Advice on selecting a tube amp

Sold all of the Sunfire and Martin Logan system when we retired and moved from a huge condo to a 46' sailboat. I'm missing the music.
I am an audio analyst by trade and tend to pick my music apart.

I've got about $1500 to spend and a pair of Sunfire CRM2s. They are small enough for the boat and love the ribbon's imaging capabilities. 90Db sensitivity and 8 ohms.

I'm not physically able to do the modding and such, so I am looking for reliability. Researching the Music Angel turned daunting when I read about the amount of work some of the guys needed to make them perform. Hands shake a bit too much.

I don't listen to loud music much anymore, except a little Pink Floyd. Mostly instrumental Jazz and some Hawaiian slack key.
I want to make the move to tubes and prefer to buy one which I will keep. I'm in over my head, but I like it like that.

I need and really appreciate any suggestions you guys would share.
nicknac
Hey Nicknac, please tell me about your boat and what it's like living on it.

Are you married? If yes, how did you manage to get wifey to share the adventure??

Where is your boat docked? Do you take it out much? Do you know how to sail it, or did you hire a charter captain?

I assume there's an onboard generator?

Is this something I should be thinking about?? I'm almost 61 years old and a survivalist at heart. Living on a boat in the middle of the ocean sounds like a good place to be to avoid urban sprawl and robbers. :)

Cheers and Happy Holidays
The oceans are full of junk from "urban sprawl" and weather is getting more extreme from climate change...enjoy!
Nicknac, Tubes and tube socketts are not friends of moisture, esspecially if it's salt air.
I know from experience being on a boat space is a premium, your speakers are good quality in a small package and efficient at 90db.
This Cambridge Audio who make good quality gear have a CDP + DAB radio, SD card, I-Pod, MP3 and USB inputs as well and is a 30w amplifier all in one compact package with remote just made for your speakers and a boat. Plus it has subwoofer line out on the back, if you can find a compact active sub for more bass, as your speakers have limited low frequency response

http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/one-cd-player-and-dab-receiver

Cheers George
Hey Nicknac I told my wife about the boat. She thought your transition sounded really cool. Really! So ... I hope you tell me how it's working out for you.

Happy Holidays,

Bruce
Hi Guys, A lot of responses since I last checked.

Electronics and saltwater. As a retired navy sonar chief I realize I am in for a battle. Tubes are a new angle so it will be interesting.
I bought a Dennis Had, KT150 Inspire amp. We traded a few emails about the conditions and which would suite our needs the best. This is supposed to be a tough little amp.

The boat is a 1985, 46' Nautor Swan sailboat. A legendary yacht. Built in Finaland, All teak inside. Check out google pictures.
My wife and I have never owned a home. After being stationed in many places and traveling a lot we were looking for a house but never found one we liked. Faced with semi retirement we decided on a boat. It's a solid and fast, ocean crosser. We will travel mainly from Canada BC, South Alaska, Mexico, Hawaii and points between. Currently in San Francisco.
We just need some very good sound to go with it.

Now if only I could decide on a music format. I think Musical fidelity's M1 Clic is our next purchase.
And dont get me started on cables!!