Looking to add warmth

I'm looking for a solution to add warmth/richness or "emotion" to my rig. Currently the sound is what I would describe as dry/uninvolving, very accurate, but not pulling me in per say.

At the moment I'm using a HTPC running high bitdepth tracks via USB into a Wyred DAC2 being used as a pre to directly feed an Aragon 8008BB driving Philharmonic Audio 2's.

I would be spending money on room treatments, but my room is not very permitting. I live in a geodesic home and the living/listening room is very odd: there are few straight walls, its very open to the rest of the house, and there is a steel spiral staircase directly behind the listening position.

I've debated switching out the DAC to a PS Audio Perfectwave MkII w/bridge and foregoing USB altogether.

Or keeping the DAC2 and selling the 8008BB to switch to a warmer amp, or possibly go the tube route.

Or adding a USB converter of sorts to feed the AES/EBU input instead of the USB on the DAC2.

Tube buffer?

Adding a tube pre-amp? Or is adding another link in the chain only going to make matters worse?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
koenigr
Stop feeding directly your ARAGON with the DAC cause is pretty simplifier sounding and very digital. Start using a preamp. The W4S STP-SE is quite amazing for the price, way better than the integrated volume control inside the DAC. After that, you can try tube preamp...
Yes, you need a preamp as it is the heart of a system. Get a good tubed preamp and your system will be miles ahead.
Agree with the others that the direct DAC->Amp connection is probably the problem. Try to audition some tube pre-amps.
I cannot think of another thread where more useless advice has been given to a person. The OP has his system setup in a large geodesic dome. A geodesic may be the single worst type of listening space imaginable. Sounds from a loudspeaker will be both scattered by the multiple reflective surfaces and focused by the multitude of surface angles. You can whisper softly into an angle of a geodesic and be heard clearly in some angles on the opposite side of the dome and not heard at all in nearby angles. In such a space how is a preamp, tube or power cord really going to make a difference?

My advice to the OP is to not make any changes in equipment and experiment with speaker/listener positioning.

Again, a photo of your listening space would help.
I wish we were all as smart as 61? Why the attitude? Oh well. Still need a preamp and to treat your space. Both are needed. I think 61's comment on space is right and he and his statement are not useless. I would act on his statement and the pre! Both work together.