Montreal vs Toronto for Vinyl shopping

Montreal is one of my favorite destinations for vinyl shopping, Aux 33 tours being my favorite shop. I have also done pretty well at Beatnik, in the same area. I heard Toronto has an abundance of Vinyl shops, and wanted to know what others think. I am planning a trip for September. Cheers -Don
fjn04
They also had a “bootleg” butcher block Beatles LP with alternate cuts. I have the original but had to have that one as well.

At that same show I heard a cut from the LP, “I’m New Here,” by Gil Scott-Heron (2010). It stopped me in my tracks and fortunately AUX 33 tours had it in stock at that show.

I bought two copies and still listen to it frequently. An amazing piece of music as well as being a well recorded LP.

Also picked up a “clear” Classic Records 45 RPM LP box set titled “Reunion,” by Duke Ellington and Louis Armstrong. An amazing performance and super pressing.

I also a heard a cut by Felix Laband, ”Dirty Nightgown,” being played in one room. That experience caused me to purchase every LP available by him and I’m currently expecting two copies of his new release, “Deaf Safari,” from his record producer in Germany.

Felix Laband will not appeal to most people, his music is abstract and minimalist electronic and requires some patience to get into.

I can’t remember how many I bought but I was almost refused boarding back to USA due to size and weight of all the LPs.
When it comes to vinyl original pressing and audiophile jazz is what I'm into.
On a recent visit to Toronto I found Cosmos's west...a superb collection of high end rare Japanese pressings and original press jazz...Highly recommended.
Sonic Boom is huge and worth a visit also.
Thanks- Acoustic Sounds still has I'm New Here in stock. Albert- Beatnik is no Aux 33, but it's a pretty good shop. It's right on St Denis, off Mont Royal, where of course Aux is located. I tried 3-4 more shops in Montreal, and they were a big letdown. I think Aux is the place though. Oddmorning- thanks for the heads up on COSMOS WEST and SONIC BOOM. Will check them out next month.
Lots of vinyl in TO. I have 5 shops that are within a 15 minute walk of my downtown office. HMV, and Play de Record at Yonge and Gould. Kops and Amoroso at Queen and McCaul. Around again at Baldwin near McCaul.
Thanks very much Banerjba. I should be busy there. I had not heard of Amoroso or Around again. Here's my list beyond those: COSMOS West, GOOD MUSIC,ROTATE THIS, KOPS, SONIC BOOM,SUNRISE, VORTEX, JUNE RECORDS, DISCOVERY RECORDS, GRASSHOPPER, TINY RECORD SHOP. SOUNDSCAPES, SHE SAID BOOM.