What to buy

I am finally getting my own listening room and looking to upgrade my speakers.My room is 17'x13'x11' with french doors on one 17' wall. Somewhat of a bass junkie with a strong affection for the female voice. Looking to spend between 4-5k. Live in Houston where the selection of high end is exceptionally limited. Need some suggestions
dogjeter
Run don't walk to Usher. They're somewhere in Texas. Tell'em Robert Hart sent you.
I would replace the speakers. If you like lotsa bass try something like the Von Schweikert VR-3 or VR-4. Keep the Acurus stuff even if it just gets relegated to second system status.
Go to Audio Concepts at Greenbriar and 59. They handle Vandersteen and Magnepan among others. Sounds like you may want to try the Vandersteen 3a Signature.

Also, SoundWorld on Bissonet handles Focal JM and Paradigm. The Paradigm Sigs are just ridiculous.

Good luck.
C123666,
The obvious question is, if Lirpa Audio Designs are the absolute best, why aren't they in your system? I don't mean to be a smartass (this time) but with that kind of recommendation I would think that you used those speakers. Hopefully you'll take my inquiry in the spirit in which it was intended.
Well despite all of the praise the Lirpa's get, IMHO they are crap! Thats probably why C123666 only recommends them but doesn't use them himself.

Dogjeter, Research the Tyler Acoustics Linbrook line. Excellent speakers - direct sales with a home trial and money back if you don't like them. I really enjoy mine!