Thiel CS 1.5 vs Linn Katan

I've got the Linn Katan's and had them for a while now. The bug is back in the elusive quest for nirvana. There's a deal out here for a set of Thiel CS 1.5 and having not heard them, would like to know what you think about them in comparision to the Katans. I love audiogon and have such big appreciation for the community here! Thank you!
lexmark
I would think they are entirely different sounding speakers. I have some Katans, never heard Thiels. I read that they sound just as Timrhu has described. Katans on the other hand are rythmic and soft on top, not so detailed.
What is your amp/other gear?
i have to say that i have never heard a decent thiel until the 2 2 model and higher

dave.
darn, so it doesn't sound like a good trade up. My rig's like this:
Audible Illusions L-1 Tube preamp
Jolida JD-100 CD Player
Linn LK-85 Amplifier X 2
Linn Katan Monitor Activ
REL Acoustics Storm Subwoofer
Harmonic Technology Truthlinks Interconnect
Linn K-400 Speaker cable
Virtual Dynamics Power 2 Power cord
PS Audio P-300 AC filter
The setup is very nice, but now looking towards a larger speaker to fill up the sound more. On the weekend, I heard a great transmission line 3 way IMF Studio Reference monitors and loved the way that the bass hit you in the chest. My friend then turned on a set of classic Rogers LS3a and I loved the warmth there in the vocals. Linns are known to be clean and analytical and the bass I find to be dry an even thin at times. Anyone want to recommend some larger speakers? I was thinking of going to a set of Totem Mani2's, not larger but much bigger sound!
On the larger (and bigger sounding) side of monitors, you may want to look for a used pair of Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signatures... New, they are sold direct from Tyler at about 3K, but they can be found used under 2K. These have top-notch SEAS Excel series drivers, and they get down to about 35HZ.

---Dave
great system though the linn mini monitors are musical. but somewhat 2 dimential. the thiel 2.2's are musical and 3d. the thiels just disappear as if the music presented to you is just right in front of you. i have never heard any other loadspeaker do this so well

good luck
dave