DynAudio Audience 52: What Amp?

I currently have these running on a mid-fi Yamaha A/V receiver, and while the sound is Ok, I would like to add and external 2-ch amp to open them up and let them sing a little bit more :) As most people know, they like the juice. Looking to spend sub $500......I have a few questions.

Do I need an integrated amp? Im guessing I do not and that the yammie can serve as the pre-pro. Although, are there any benefits to using an integrated?

I would like a warm sounding amp. The Dyn's are reveiling, and the yammie is on the bright side. Will a warm sounding amp offset this condition? Im hoping it will.....

Power. Not sure on exact room dimensions, but Im guessing they are in a mid-sized room. Right now the yammie puts out 100wx5, 20-20khz, %0.06 thd. Im guessing I will need an amp with at least 1 & 1/2 times that power to notice a difference. Although Im assuming a will need something that will provide substantially more current that the yammie due to the speakers 4 ohm rating.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

spec_agnt50b3
Thanks for the insight. The yamaha does have pre-outs for the mains, center, and rears. I appreciate the advice in regards to the intergrated. I might as well go with it if I am looking for a discernable difference in sound.

Good luck with the 42's in the HT set-up. Should be nice and coherent if used all around. Peace_
Thanks. It certainly sounded good at my dealer's, and apparently they're coming out with a sub to match as well. I've always liked the smaller Dynaudios everywhere I've heard them; of course, I also like their big speakers!

Do see if you can use the tape outs in your Yamaha with a Rotel integrated, that might be your best bet sonically for two-channel.
Nice Rotel. Thats the new one, right? I guess what Im trying to do is take some strain off my A/V by adding an external amp and letting it just power the center and rears. Looking for something big and burly to really rock the mains when I need to and enjoy the headroom. Im guessing my existing receiver is putting out close to the same power of the Rotel, sans the current. Thanks
I am driving my Dynaudio 70s with Outlaw M200 monoblocks. They are very transparent and at 200 W/ch easily drive the speakers. I was using an older Denon with pre-outs until I stepped ou to an Aragon pre-pro. They are less than $500 new, with a great warranty and customer service. You would still have money left over for decent cables and some power protection. Good luck!