Do Any High End Speakers Boogie/Rock? BW 804 Blues

Hello Fellow Audiogoners: I am interested in hearing if any audiophile sytems (speaker plus amplification) that can boogie and rock! What I mean here is a detailed but coherent and rich sound, not like a bunch of separate instruments that don't gell together. And not biased so brightly that symbols and highs dominate, making a thin and grating sound. I wonder if it is possible in what appears to be the analytical world of high end audio.

I'm a frustrated B&W Nautilis 804 owner that likes rock/blues/ok recorded cds in addition to jazz, classical, vocal etc, and I'm not interested in endless tweaking of cables/amplifiers/source to try to get these revealing speakers to sound good on a majority of my music collection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jeffsel
I listened to the 804s several times before getting the Von Scweikert 4JRs. I couldn't believe how bright the 804s sounded each time, but I wanted to think that B&W was the solution. I have found the VSA speakers to be great all around including bass. Source is also critical for you though since many of rock recordings are so terrible.
Possibly I am missing something here as to B&W and power.
Having a pair of 805 Signatures they only came alive when I put a McIntosh 352 amp to them. It is not that you are using all this but like a V8 over a 6 cylinder it just works and preforms better with more power behind it.
Plus at the same time B&W likes more power with less effort to drive them.
My opinion,for what it is worth.B&W speakers are "needy"It is very easy for B&W speakers to come off as bright or nasal sounding(at least the matrix series,havent heard the nautilus). So much care is needed in choosing the associated gear for the B&W speakers to sound right because it is too easy to make them sound bad.When you got it right,its a beautiful thing when you dont,grab the earplugs.I am sure you can find speakers that arent quite as "needy" when it comes to the associated equipment.If you want to do your 804`s justice and get everything you can out of them, I think you need to pony up in the amp department.With your comment of not being interested in endless tweaking,maybe its time or past time to move on to more user friendly speakers.Enjoyment is what matters most
No. Cerwin-Vegas or Kenwoods used with a graphic equalizer rock. Don't we remember anything we learned in junior high school here people?!