sonus faber grand piano home

I've just bought these speakers. Amplification is the audiomat arpege.
Which cd-player and cables will suit the best?
(cd player may cost 1000-1500 €, cables in the same pricerange)

Thx a lot.
hoppah
Thx for the feedback.
I was considering the vecteur L4.2.
Another contender was the consonance 120 or the Musical Fidelity X-RAY V3 CD Player.

The consonance is less money, so i can invest more in the cables; the siltech G5-sq28 (ic) and siltech g5 cables LS 88.

Should i invest more in the cd-player or in the cables?

Thx a lot.
hoppah, sorry for the tardy reply.

I always suggest buying the most musical sounding source you can afford and use whatever ICs you have until you can afford better ones. If the source is average, or below, you will be painfully aware of its shortcomings should you use good, revealing cables in the chain. Then you'll want a better sounding CDP!

I see I made a typo in the last paragraph of my above 1/21 reply. I meant the Prelude reference MK2 integrated amp. It's more revealing than the Arpege...not that the Arpege is a slouch...and can drive almost any load.
Hello,

the Vecteur recommendation probably comes from a dealer or someone associated with Mutine, as they import both the Vecteur and audiomat line. I feel however that this is were compatibility and similarities end. I used to own both the Arpege (non-reference) and the Sonus Faber Grand Piano. I did have a Vecteur CD player but it was a terrible match, at least in my system. My best combination was (don't laugh now!) a Sony 9000ES DVD/SACD player. Smoked the Vecteur with more information, and on SACD, well, the Vecteur was not in the same league. Maybe it works well with the Arpege, but not if you are using Grand Pianos, as this combination will have too much emphasis on the higher end of the spectrum and sound ''digitized'' in most rooms ( I tried moving my system around from ''live'' rooms to ''dead'' rooms, large and small, with no success. But since you are somewhat an adventurer, getting these products (Audiomat and Vecteur) with little or no importer support, you may still give 'em a try, it may work in your set-up ! Good luck.